Monday, June 5, 2017

Port Aransas / Mustang Island 2017 (2)

Texas has some incredibly gorgeous state parks, if you can imagine after taking into account the enormity of the state.  We have a state park pass and used it to go to Mustang Island State Park about 15 miles south of where we were.  (All of it part of Padre Island National Seashore.)




It was a fun day!

Back at our condominium complex, we were right on the beach, once you crossed over the sand dune.  The kids had easy access to the ocean in order to use their boogie boards.





On the way home, (Mother's Day), I wanted to stop in Goliad, Texas.  It is the place where Texas signed its Declaration of Independence from Mexico!  (I love history!)

More to come ....

Port Aransas (1)

Port Aransas - Goliad (3)

~ Patty ~

2 comments:

  1. Some of my favorite places. Let me know if you want to visit Washington on the Brazos - where they signed the Texas Constitution. It's close to us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My! It IS beautiful! I have always wanted to visit Texas and now I want to even more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails