Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I'm Here (Sorta)

I noticed this year that life blossomed into an out-of-control, infestation of "artificial busyness", (I recently read an article with that phrase in it.  I can't recall the name of the article, but I sure won't forget the phrase!)  And after just arriving home from a week long vacation to the beach, I am full of new perspective.  Things are changing overall, for the better!  I refuse to live in the stress-induced, unhealthy lifestyle anymore, God willing.

And shoot!  It ALWAYS looks better on paper, doesn't it??

In the midst of life, this old blog took a back seat.  And you know what?  I really didn't miss the pressure to write or update.  And I really didn't miss the pressure of having to read every reader's blog.

I hemmed and hawed, went back and forth, do I keep this blog??  Or should I just reel it in. The stress-free aspects have felt really good!  However, since I love to keep my recipes (and share them) here, as well as documenting my family adventures and faith, in the end, I will keep going but at a snail's pace.  I don't want the pressure, but I want to be able to go back and rediscover the memories. As do my kids!  And I could never forget the friends or acquaintances I have met and want to keep!

In the end, I'm here.  And will be.  But in a sorta-state of writing and documenting.

As for a couple of recent life-documenting moments...

Living Liturgy - Baptism Birthday

Miss Ester celebrated another Baptism Birthday in April.  I found a guardian angel key chain to put on her purse, phone, back pack, or wherever she chooses.



Homeschool - Preschool News:

Miss Clementine 'graduated' the end of April, and we celebrated with a little tea party :)








And just like 'the good and faithful servant', time keeps marching on.

~  Patty  ~


6 comments:

  1. I can identify strongly with all you mentioned about blogging. As you know, mine just remains idle with no update since I had Benny (what??!!). My sidebar still shows me pregnant. For gosh sakes, I haven't even taken the time to change that. Sigh.Every once in a while I think of just pulling it off the grid, but just haven't in case someone who needs something from there actually runs across it. I understand what you're saying about the freedom in not feeling pressured to post or get something new put up. I have enjoyed that. Now that I'm writing for our diocesan blog, it's nice to have that creative outlet but also with only the obligation for a post a month. That much I can do. Like you, I just don't have the time to even read all that I used to. When I have free moments, the priority for other things or other people are more important. I do miss some of those connections.
    Post when you can and know I'll be following and watching. We simply MUST keep connected, but thankfully we've got other connections beyond the blog. ;)

    Much love to you, dear Patty. Keep that new perspective and do your best at keeping the "artificial busyness" to a minimum (love that terminology!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much yes to all of this Sarah! (I am not sure if that even made sense.) And Patty, I totally understand and feel very similarly. I love looking back at the old posts where the girls were little and I know I will regret not writing down more from these years as well, but at the same time, the blog really is for me and if people read, great...but I am not out to sell anything, promote anything, I don't make any money off of my blog (not that there is anything wrong with any of that), it just isn't my thing and so I don't feel bad if I step away for a few months. I realized the other day...umm...okay, I didn't even post the big birthday post for Katharine's 2nd birthday and just gave it a quick mention on the blog. She turns 3 in a couple of months, lol! Not that I have to do stuff like that, but I want to...if that makes sense. Anyway, I love both of your blogs and when you get back to them (if you get back to them), I will still be here reading along. God Bless you both!! And Sarah - let's get together this summer, it has been WAY too long!!!

      Delete
    2. THank you, ladies! I use to be "johnny on the spot" with every! single! detail. No more. God needs me more than the blogosphere. I need to reverse the two roles.

      Delete
  2. OK. You can run...you can hide...
    But I know where to find you!!!
    Lol!!!
    Kidding aside, do what your heart and soul tell you.
    But I will admit, you were one of my very first friends here in Blogland...
    And I will miss your wisdom and humor and recipes if you go.
    And your baby???
    She is precious!
    Kindergarten next???
    Be still my heart!
    Hugs my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! Glad you'll still be around. you and your family inspire me, so I'd be sad if you stopped. Plus, my whole reason for stopping by TODAY was to get one of your recipes!
    No matter how often you appear, we will be here!
    Congratulations to your preschool graduate. Such a happy face. Enjoy the start of summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails