Miss Mabel made this pie last Sunday for dessert and it was scrumptious! Next time, we need to make two ;)
Kentucky Derby Pie
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips
1 frozen pie crust
1. Mix butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
2. Add salt and flour, and mix well.
3. Fold in pecans and chips.
4. Pour mixture into defrosted pie crust and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
5. Let cool for 1-2 hours before slicing.
It was so delicious!! Kind of like a chocolate chip cookie pie, but with more heavenly gooey-iness to it.
She plans to bake this again on Kentucky Derby day this spring.
~ Patty ~