Monday, April 3, 2017

A Crappy Crap-tastic Week - Daybook Post

That's what my friend Sarah called it.

Outside my window ~






(We don't own a trampoline :0)

Massive, severe, spring storms ripped through our area last week.  We now need a new roof, gutters, shed roof, screens, and fence.  David's truck looks like a pocked-mark mess as well.

It'll all be okay.  Eventually.

I am thankful for ~

* all the prayers that have poured in for my mom

* my mom's recovery (as I type, she is still in the hospital).

* fresh flowers in the bedroom


What I am reading ~


(I'm just about to begin this.  It was the companion to Angel on the Square that I read and loved.)

From the school room ~

* We have only six weeks left!  It's coming to an end quickly, and I think it is that way because Miss Sally is a senior.

* Getting ready to order graduation announcements. (Eek!)

* Heading out to freshman orientation this weekend.  (Wish I could slow things down a bit!)

* Field trip :: Miss Clementine was an astronaut last week!


* Rainy, Sunday afternoon at the library to pick up resources for her research paper.


I am praying for ~

* my mom's continued recovery.  She has a very large (my sister thought 12")  incision from back to front where they had to operate  through the ribs.  They successfully removed the upper right lobe of her right lung.

Around the house ~




From the kitchen ~

Kentucky Derby Pie


Oven Steak Fries



I am listening to ~

... the kids cleaning up the kitchen after dinner.  They rotate who washes, dries, and vacuums the floor each month.  It's a BIG help!

Coming down the pike this way ~

Monday - Meet the farrier to have Penny's hooves trimmed.

Tuesday - EDGE youth group

Wednesday - Children's choir practice

Thursday - Ice Skating lessons for Miss Mabel

Thursday - Field trip / Severe Weather Safety Class

Friday - Little Women's Club

Friday - Honor Society luncheon for Miss Sally

Friday - Saturday - Freshman orientation with Miss Sally down at University of Mary Hardin-Baylor

Saturday - Choir sings at 5pm Mass

Sunday - Palm Sunday

One last photo to share ~

Siesta time


May your week ahead be full of sunshine!

~  Patty  ~

7 comments:

  1. May YOUR week be full of sunshine!
    WOW!
    And yes...so it begins...graduation.
    So full of lasts. And firsts.
    I took a picture of Madison working at her desk on one the last few days.
    Just because.
    Hugs for your mommy heart.
    And continued prayers for your sweet mom. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness-that hail! So sorry to see all of the damage. Good luck with repairs.
    Glad to hear your mom is doing ok. Please encourage her to take her deep breaths! It's so important after a surgery, especially one like that. ( I used to be a respiratory therapist)
    Love that picture under the umbrella. You both look so pretty.
    Enjoy the rest of your busy week, Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love all your pictures! I am glad to hear that your mom is doing better. I have been praying for you all. I lost my mom a couple weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I know it's cliche, but I'm glad to hear that you all are okay. The "stuff" can be replaced (or, in the case of the mystery trampoline - removed!).

    Graduation announcements and freshman orientation - yikes! That will be me in just one more year. I'm totally not ready for it! Yet, excited for my daughter at the same time. So many weird emotions to deal with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness Patty! I've never seen anything quite like that! Praying for you as you get everything back together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, yes, I would agree with your title. :oP What a mess from that storm! We just had an April storm up here in the Pacific NW, but it was nothing compared to yours. I hope things are settled down, and that you can have a very Happy Easter! :o) Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Glad you all were safe even if that storm made chaos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails