Wednesday, March 15, 2017

More Catching Up with a Special Prayer Request

In the midst of everything else going on, my mom has had some health issues, and we are at the point where I am now asking you to put her (Loretta) on your prayer list.  Please and thank you. 

Getting right to the point, my mom has lung cancer and will have the tumor surgically removed on March 24.

I hadn't mentioned anything specific because only up until late yesterday did we know the "plan of action".

It is encapsulated.  It is malignant.  It is stage one.  Cancer sucks.  I lost my father to cancer.  But if there is any good here, the fact that they caught it early and it is encapsulated is the good.

She has never smoked.

She is brave!  She is a widow and even though she is brave, fear can creep in.

So, yes, please join us in prayer.  I have been praying a novena to St. Peregrine since early January.  He is the patron saint of cancer patients.

God bless you :)

*************************

There is also some less serious news for Stan the man.  He has begun his extensive, orthodontic work.

We knew this was coming, and the kids' dental insurance does not cover orthodontics.

I am grateful that we live close to such amazing medical schools!


Stan was accepted as a patient candidate into Texas A& M / Baylor school or orthodontics in Dallas.  We started the application process to be a patient candidate last May, and earlier this month, Stan began his medical treatment.

Going here, rather than going to a private practice, will save us thousands.  Thousands!

*****************************

Leaving you with a little food for thought ::


~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. Praying freverantly. Hugs to you. I know how scary cancer is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty,
    Prayers. Prayers. Prayers.
    I will add your sweet, strong mother to my rosary intention.
    And her lovely daughter as well.
    Hugs, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for your mom and your whole family. This is a time for you when it is especially hard to be so far away from "home".
    Also hoping that all goes well for Stan - orthodontic work is such a long term investment and tough for kids to understand the why in the midst of all the discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your family, for your Mom, for you, every morning. Thank you for posting. Hate cancer, I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your sweet mama and for you too. I'm sure it's so very hard to be far away from her esp when she's facing surgery. May you and your mom know the peace of being surrounded in prayer.
    So glad that Stan is able to get the care he needs and at an amazing clinic. Wow, to save thousands is HUGE! I hope all goes well as you move forward with his care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty, so sorry to hear about your mom. I'll be praying for her, your family, and the doctors who care for her.
    Keeping Stan in prayer, too. I'm glad the plan of care is working out for him and you (and your pocketbook!)
    Catch a hug, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails