Sunday, March 12, 2017

Inhale. Exhale.

Sometimes, the chapters in our lives are so fast-paced, it can be hard to remember to breathe!  That's how it has been our neck of the woods for the past month.  I think things are going to slow down now, at least I hope so.

Here's what we've been up to ::

Penny, (Ester's horse), has a new room mate, Pistol.  It was so fun going out to meet him the first time.


Pistol, the paint horse, belongs to the land owners where Penny is kept.

And this happens when your daddy barters with a customer...


A Honda Metro, 10 years old, with only 1200 miles on it.  Sweet!

Fat Tuesday was c.r.a.z.y. here preparing for the painters to arrive the next day.  It was late at night, but we got our celebration on with these...



Two out of three sisters flew in for a quick weekend to celebrate my birthday.  (I'm 48 y'all!!)

We drank wine, ate delicious food, and laughed and laughed and laughed (till I about wet my pants laughing)!



Great memories!

Miss Sally and Ester attended the Dallas Catholic Youth Conference last weekend.  They really enjoyed it and gained so much from it spiritually.

One really amazing part was that Miss Ester, for the first time, got up and played for others.  Like hundreds of teenagers.

She had memorized 2 songs; Truce (Twenty One Pilots), and The Last Leaf Falls (Lucas King).  Oh my gosh!  That song is gorgeous!!


I ADMIRE her COURAGE (insert big, red heart)!

And there's been more.  So much more.  I'll save it for another post though.

Until the next one, happy Sunday!

~  Patty ~


10 comments:

  1. Oh my. That IS courageous. Good for her. She's an inspiration.
    Your birthday celebration sounded and looked like so much fun. Happy birthday!
    Great scooter. Dad is a crafty negotiator. Have you driven it yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I haven't, but I must. We need a motorcycle safety class and some kind of license to drive it in TX. David has though (he's always been the rule breaker ;).

      Delete
  2. Beautiful horse and beautiful bike! Oh, beignets are perfect for Fat Tuesday! I just never thought of them. Love that you shaped them into Texas shapes! That is fantastic that she played for that large an audience. Those are not easy songs either! I miss piano being practiced at my house. My daughter played for seven years and then got busy with other things and never looked back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday... sisters and outside dining? NOthing better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. They enjoyed it tremendously since they are from the snowy Midwest.

      Delete
  4. If you're 48 and didn't wet your pants you have good pelvic muscle tone! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!!! YOu know, we were enjoying a bottle of wine and appetizers, talking and laughing so hard, I realized we hadn't received our main course. I told my sisters that the service has never been bad at that restaurant. I finally asked the waitress (45 minutes after the wine started flowing) where our food was and she said, "YOu never ordered anything." LOL

      Delete
  5. Happiest of birthdays to a very, very, very dear friend!!!!!
    I am right behind you...
    Maybe we could think of a way to meet for our 50th!!!!!
    What about Kathleen?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails