Outside my window ~
Redbud tree, day lilies, and square foot garden that is ready to be planted soon.
What I am thankful for ~
* getting a few things done on the honey-do list
* the bluest of blue skies
* children who like to be outdoors
* friends that surprised Miss Ester with a ticket to see Twenty-One Pilots this Wednesday (as part of a her friend's birthday and her own upcoming 16th birthday).
Miss Ester is a huge huge huge fan of Twenty-One Pilots. (Her and her friends are going to dress up like the lead singer.)
And then there's this young padawan ::
What I've been reading ~
I finished reading, The Family Nobody Wanted. LOVED it!! The memories that Helen Doss wrote about, oh my goodness. The woman is a saint! Imagine raising 12 children (all adopted within 10 years)!
I have been watching and loving, Victoria. (Masterpiece theater) It comes on Sunday nights, 8 pm, CST.
From the school room ~
* We have two weeks left in the 3rd quarter. A couple of the kids have wrapped up a few subjects.
* I have two weeks scheduled in for spring break. Not sure if we will take them back-to-back, or save one of them for Holy Week. I'm thinking it would be nice to have Holy Week off to concentrate on services at church.
* Living Liturgy (Religion). Looking forward to focusing on Lent and the feasts of St. Patrick and St. Joseph.
I am praying for ~
* my mom
Around the house ~
I could not wait! to take down the snowmen that could be found around our house! Our winter has been so warm, they looked seriously out of place.
In their place, you can find a few Lenten / spring things ::
Our collection of St. Patrick's Day and March Weather books can be found here.
From the kitchen ~
Corn dogs for dinner this past Saturday night. Ha ha!
But! Can I play my redemption card with this fun game we played?
Table Topics brought to you by Chick-fil-A kid meal. The most awesome, kid meal toy ever!
I am listening to ~
Stan the man watch you tube videos on drones. He received one for Christmas, but it had to be returned since the dog-on thing would not function properly. So, at about the time my husband was about this close to pulling his hair out trying to figure it out, they just packed it up for a refund. Stan's new one came in and oh my gosh! They are having so much fun with it. Stan the man likes to see what other people do with theirs.
Coming down the pike this week ~
Sunday - High school youth group
Tuesday - Swim lessons for Clementine
Tuesday - Junior high youth group
Wednesday - Children's choir
Wednesday - Concert for Ester
Thursday - Swim lessons for Clementine
Friday - Ice Skating
Saturday - Service project hours for prom (Each parent has to donate 4 service hours for prom prep).
Two last photos to share ~
FYI They are like walking on clouds!! I don't really like Skechers, but these. These Sketcher Go Steps, I like. (And about $20 cheaper than a pair of Sperry's.)
When you find your alma mater at Goodwill. (It's a private university up in Omaha, NE. Chances are really slim that you'd find this shirt down in TX.)
Here's hoping you all have a great week! Take care!
~ Patty ~