Monday, January 23, 2017

The Ebb and Flow of January - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~



(I think we need some fresh chalk.  Ha ha!)

What I am thankful for ~

* my family

* a roof over my head

* sunshine

* my faith

What I've been reading ~

I am almost done with this then plan to watch the movie.


From the school room ~

Today is our fourth week of the semester!  (Time is passing so quickly.)  We are going to take a study break on Wednesday and use a Christmas gift (to Great Wolf Lodge) that we have been saving.  The two youngest don't know yet, so it'll be quite a surprise. :)

I am praying for ~

* an end to abortion

* for all those who are marching the in March for Life

Around the house ~

 Someone was so bored the other day so we used up that good, old, swim-in-the-tub activity.





This is a snapshot of us at the Birth Choice of Dallas benefit dinner where we heard his Eminence, Cardinal Burke, speak.



From the kitchen ~

Miss Mabel made this chocolate cake - from scratch for Sunday dessert.  It was SO good!



And these?


They were an impulse buy for a mid-week snack.


I am listening to ~

* my house coming to life as the kids wake up and start making breakfast in the kitchen.

Coming down the pike this week ~

Sunday - We had a self-defense class for the moms in our homeschool group.

Sunday - High school youth group

Tuesday - Junior high youth group

Wednesday - Great Wolf Lodge  (Christmas gift)

Thursday - Miss Clementine turns 5 years old!

Friday - (Indoor) Ice Skating with homeschool friends

Saturday - Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas (Living Liturgy)

Saturday - Stan's basketball game

One last photo to share ~


This was a total splurge.  I was out of perfume and needed something for our date night.  It smells heavenly!

Have a wonderful week ahead!  Can you believe January is almost over??

~  Patty  ~



9 comments:

  1. You look stunning, Patty!
    And you and your man look amazing together.
    Your baby girl is 5.
    Love that age!
    Enjoy your little surprise. : )
    And I just bought those cookies today!!!!
    Oh...thanks for the text!
    I do adore that...going to look into it now.
    Hugs from icy Pa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Billie Jo. It was fun to dress up and go somewhere. :) I'm glad you liked that picture I sent. I thought of you immediately.

      Delete
  2. Love all your photos! Wow...Clementine is five! You look beautiful and that perfume looks so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis. The perfume? A total splurge. And I wonder how many women I'd shock when I say I have only that bottle of perfume? I'm a one bottle gal. ;) When I like the scent, I stick with it. The last bottle my husband bought a couple of years ago.

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful time at Great Wolf. I hear it's a lot of fun. Your little "swimmer" is too cute.
    Would love to hear about that self defense class. Was it a one time deal, or do you go back for more? Either way, that's a good idea.
    Love your splurge! Maybe that will end up being your "signature scent."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Signature scent" I never thought of that, but you are so right! The one I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE is from Narcisco Rodriguez for Her. It's a year round perfume, light, but unforgettable. (Listen to me, as though I'm a perfume connoisseur!!) I went with something different because only a few department stores carry it and I was at a store where they didn't. I was literally out of perfume so I went with the one in the picture. I still like the Narcisco Rodriguez for Her better ;) It's the only perfume that while wearing people have said, "you smell so good".

      Delete
    2. And the self-defense class. It was a one time thing for the moms. The same young man instructed our high school teens back in the fall. We pay him $15 per person for a 90 minute class. He comes to wherever we ask him to come. (It helps that his dad is Clementine's godfather ;) I was going to organize one for the junior high kids this spring. He gears his instruction toward the age of the audience. It's been a great experience for all who have attended one. He is also for hire if anyone wanted to continue their self defense instruction.

      Delete
  4. OK, I'm all caught up I think! I decided not to post a comment on every post though, only on the newest one! I am going to try to get back into blogging and reading blogs. SO I'm starting with my favorites!!

    I love that dress on you!! Very pretty!

    And that chocolate cake? Did you know that tomorrow is National Chocolate Cake Day? Billie Jo says so. Might have to make a heart shaped one too! :)

    Loved reading the "parks" post, and especially seeing your beautiful family in short sleeves and your little Clementine walking the dog, adorable!!! And also seeing some cold weather pictures. All made me want to move to Texas, that's for sure!

    Much love Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just reserved the book from the library--I love your book recommendations!! :o) Becky in OR

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails