Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Currently, a severe thunderstorm is passing through.  Our weather radio alarm woke us up.

I am thankful for ~

* our beautiful Christmas season so far

* rest and relaxation

* knowing that if things don't go as "planned", it'll still be okay

What We have been reading watching ~

The week between Christmas and New Years is my f.a.v.o.r.i.t.e. week of the entire year.  I lose track of the day and the time.  So relaxing.  (I hope it's been relaxing for you as well!)

There's two series that we have been binge - watching ::  When Calls the Heart.  



(Hallmark Channel original series)  Season 1 & 2 are currently free on Netflix.  Have you seen it?  We enjoyed the first season, but season 2 has kind of, sorta of turned into a soap opera.  Only Miss Mabel and I are still hanging in there at this point.

I also found the Disney movie version of Little House on the Prairie on Amazon ($5).  Have you seen it?



It's very good!  Actually, much better then the old t.v. series.  (We own all t.v. series directed by Michael Landon.)  It's rated PG because of a few intense scenes that would scare a little one or a sensitive child.  No gore, just drama (that includes an Indian attack for example).  This is a two disc series, about 4 hours long.

From the school room ~

Today marks the first day of the second semester.

This is Miss Sally's last semester of high school. (I still cannot believe it.)

Miss Clementine's new faves ::  My First Little House Books



I am praying for ~

* my husband's continued recovery from Gall bladder surgery (Dec. 29)


* a successful spring semester

* a slow and easy re-entry into our routine

Around the house ~



From the kitchen ~


This is our new, Zojirushi bread maker, (on Amazon here.)

In addition to eating home made goodness, we have also started milling our own grain (flour) by using a new dry cup for the Vitamix.

We are baking a loaf a day.  All the benefits of milling one's own grain can be found on Bread Becker's website.  

I am listening to ~

* the sound of hail hitting the side of the house which should pass soon.

Coming down the pike this week ~

Sunday - Feast of Solemnity of Mary and New Year's Day
Monday - School start back up
Monday - Basketball practice for Stan
Monday - The horse ferrier comes
Wednesday - Field trip to the Dallas Museum of Art
Friday - Feast of the Epiphany

One last photo to share ~

A couple of new additions to our winter book bin ::


You can find more of our winter book titles here.

Now for some coffee.  Getting up an our early from the storm can tend to make me a tiny bit cranky ;)

Happy New Year!!  Wishing you all the best in 2017!!

~  Patty  ~

2 comments:

  1. Happiest of New Years to my favorite Texas family!
    I hope your hubby is on the mend.
    Always love my visits here...
    Back to school for us tomorrow.
    Cannot believe we both have ladies finishing up this year.
    Thank Heavens we have the little ones to keep us young. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Patty. I am with you that this is the best week of the year. We pretty much stayed in our pj's for most of the week.
    I hope your husband continues to heal. Poor guy. Good luck starting your new semester. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails