Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Here Comes February - Daybook Post

Outside my window~


Showing her the International Space Station fly by on a clear, winter night.

What I am thankful for ~

* A fun, family memory at Great Wolf Lodge

* My husband who built these open-end wall shelves for me


(Thank you, Houzz.com for the idea!)

So you all will faint when I say this, but these babies are the first set of wall shelves I have ever had in a house since we have been married.

I am so thrilled to have them!  Now to figure out what to put on them...

I'm open to suggestions.

What I've been reading ~

This!

LOVED it!  Had it read in less than 24 hours over the weekend.  It's a Russian saga and is a quick read.  Fast moving.  Full of vivid description of a historical period in time.

From the school room ~

Religion :: Living Liturgy

We celebrated the feast of St. Thomas Aquinas on January 28.



St. Thomas is always depicted with a sunburst on his chest.  It's a symbol of his teachings which illuminated divine truth and "bear forth great light for the whole church."

So Miss Mabel cut out star-shaped lunch meat and cheese for our sandwiches that day!  ha ha!


I am praying for ~

* an end to abortion

* our priests

* our soon-to-be, newly installed bishop

Around the house ~

On Monday afternoon, we actually got some "spring" cleaning done!  Our Texas winters are more like late spring up in the Midwest.

From the kitchen ~

Miss Mabel baked home-made bagels Saturday night.  We had them for breakfast after Mass on Sunday.


They were SO delicious!

I am listening to ~

* the hum of the dishwasher.  Otherwise, it is rather quiet here as I type.

Coming down the pike this week ~

Monday - basketball practice for Stan the man

Tuesday - Miss Clementine has a play date

Tuesday - Middle School youth group

Wednesday - Choir practice

Thursday - eye appointment for Stan

Saturday - Basketball game for Stan

One last photo to share ~

A beautiful way to say goodbye to January!



~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. ohhhh shelves! I think you should keep a few permanent but save one in the middle for changing up. Maybe seasonal or maybe feast day shelf with a book of the saint and peg doll, etc. Whatever you do... you'll find the perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost summer in Texas! I can't complain too much about the weather in Ohio this year. It's been very mild -- not even one snow day! Hopefully we won't get pounded in March!

    Love your new shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shelves are beautiful!! Wolfe Lodge sounds like a great place! So glad you all got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such pretty shelves! I like that he left the edges with a bit of rustic flair!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails