Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Feast of St. Nicholas 2016

It's been one of our more exciting years to celebrate the Feast of St. Nicholas!   

I found, with the age gap between Stan and Miss Clementine, I'm starting all over when it comes to teaching about St. Nicholas.  (And I am so excited to have another go at it! :)

For the past couple of days, Miss Clementine and I have read our books...



watched the St. Nicholas movie...


and displayed our St Nicholas statues and toys.


Our home school group celebrated the feast of St. Nicholas with a fun, festive party put on by a handful of moms.  They did such a great job!



Beautiful St. Nicholas images to color *** "Gold" bean bags to toss into the windows for children inside *** A sweet St. Nick doll prize


Treat bags filled with oranges, candy canes, and gold coins (chocolate) *** Christmas bingo

By yesterday afternoon, she had put out a shoe for each sibling and then we waited for St. Nicholas to arrive.

While everyone was asleep, he mysteriously left some books, gold coins, a St. Nicholas ornament (from Slovenia), and a beautiful, new nativity set!





And then this morning...



Did you all see Belle in that photo above??  Isn't she a sweetie?!

No time for a traditional candy cane-shaped coffee cake since our schedules were too busy, but I did have a hot cocoa bar set up.


They like that. :)

It was a good day, a fun feast day!

St. Nicholas, pray for us!

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I adore your celebration! I was so busy this year St. Nicholas day passed without much notice. Perhaps next year I will get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be you when I grow up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty! That hot cocoa looked so good! The smiles on your daughter's faces showed how much of a hit it was :)
    I wrote down the video name, the one about Nicholas, the boy who became Santa. I think my grands would like it. Thank you for showing us your favorites,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so coordinated--st nick ornaments and napkins!! I would have missed Belle had you not mentioned her! Too cute. Looks like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails