Monday, December 12, 2016

Double Feast Day Celebration

Part of our Living Liturgy (living our faith at home), is not only studying about our friends in heaven, the saints, but making their examples tangible at home as well.

December is FULL of feast days that are so much fun to celebrate, and over the years, we have tried different ways to honor these friends of God.

We recently celebrated the feast of St. Nicholas (Dec. 6) and the Immaculate Conception (Dec. 8).

Next up is the back-to-back feast day celebrations of St. Juan Diego (Dec. 9)  and Our Lady of Guadalupe (Dec. 12).


This year I needed to keep St. Juan Diego's feast day easy, so I picked up these Cinnamon Sugar pita chips for a snack::



They ended up tasting just AWFUL!  Ha ha!  No one liked them.

But I did pull out our movie, which Miss Clementine really enjoyed!


These movies have been around for quite some time.  If your kiddos have never watched one, I highly recommend them.

Another suggestion is the Glory Stories series, (saint stories on CD).  They are awesome to listen to while in the car.


There are also a handful of wonderful books about the amazing story of St. Juan Diego and Our Lady of Guadalupe ::



Speaking of Our Lady of Guadalupe, today is her feast day.  I snapped this photo yesterday at my parish as the Hispanic community was preparing to honor her.


The story of St. Juan Diego and Our Lady of Guadalupe can be found here.

We are so blessed to have so many holy, friends in heaven to pray for us.



St. Juan Diego and Our Lady Guadalupe, pray for us!

~  Patty  ~

3 comments:

  1. Yep!
    You are so right.
    Living our faith through teaching at home and celebrating together has been such a rewarding experience for us all!!!!
    Thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty! I have a devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe and St. Juan Diego because of answered prayer to them. Such a beautiful feast! Our Hispanic community also celebrated at our church.
    I always enjoy your recommendations for books and cd's. Thank you for sharing, my grandchildren will reap the benefits!
    Happy third week in Advent,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. I search many blog about the Eye Surgery Faith but did not get many specific detail about the this topic but your blog have allot of information about my topic which I always searching.
    Eye Surgery Faith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails