Sunday, December 4, 2016

Advent Joys - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Our Red Drummond Maple is starting to show off!


And about this time, I grow a wee bit  nervous.  With the leaves so full and ice storms unpredictable in North Texas, I pray the leaves drop before any ice storm brings any boughs down.  Three years ago, we lost 1/3 of the tree. :(

This book ...


I forgot I had it.  I found it hidden away.  The illustrations are so soft and gorgeous, and the story is so simple.  I love Eve Bunting!

I am thankful for ~

* a peaceful weekend (The boys were away camping.)

* a warm, cozy house

* spending time with daughters who are growing into such beautiful, young ladies

What I have read ~

Well, this past week has found me missing out on my Advent reading and morning Rosary, thanks to this adorable puppy.


How can anyone be upset when her boundless joy, tail-wagging, bundle of energy greets you with pure love and affection as soon as you let her out of her kennel?

However, I did tell the kids they need to start setting their alarm clocks and getting up with the puppy so I can have my quiet time back. ;)

I am praying for ~

* an end to abortion

* our priests

* God's continued guidance in a college selection for Miss Sally

From the school room ~

Arts & Crafts::

Miss Clementine has been busy the past couple of weeks.

Pumpkin pie, anyone?


Thanksgiving dinner guests, Gerald and Jessie.


Christmas crafting



Math ::

Stan the man just has been comparing and finding equivalent fractions in math.  I've had this fraction set since Miss Sally was little.  These are THE BEST!!  Great manipulative for your learner!


Around the house ~





(I found this Advent sticker set on Amazon after my friend Jen told me about it.  Inexpensive and perfect for little hands.)


And we can't forget the traditional, chocolate calendar!



Stan and Clementine share this one.  The big girls are interested in one anymore.  ;)

From the kitchen ~

I worked on our December, food menu.  I'm still working on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day...


Coming down the pike this week ~

Sunday - Home school St. Nicholas Party!
Monday - Basketball practise for Stan the man
Sunday - High School youth group
Tuesday - Feast of St. Nicholas
Tuesday - Jr High youth group
Wednesday - Ballet 
Wednesday - Choir practise
Saturday - Home school Moms' Christmas party at Top Golf
Saturday - Nutcracker Ballet (in Dallas) for Ester and and Mabel (and friends)
Saturday - Stan's basketball game

A last photo to share ~

A snapshot of Miss Clementine and a couple of buds at the St. Nick party today ::



Have a blessed second week of Advent!

~  Patty ~

2 comments:

  1. Patty!
    Your baby girl is so precious!
    Aren't we so glad to have these little ones to keep the fun around a bit longer?
    Your puppy is adorable.
    I remember the days of the early potty breaks!
    And I am still working on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meals...
    Nothing's coming to me yet. We like to do easy on Christmas Eve.
    The day passes so quickly and we have Mass.
    Anyway...have a coz week down there. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! What? You got a puppy? Did I miss a post somewhere? PS Love your tree, stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails