Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Advent Activities - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

It's been kind of cloudy these past few days, but when I open my front door, I see this ::


That makes me happy!

The weather is frigid up north (stay warm, my friends!), and that arctic blast will make its way to North Texas by Saturday night.  My little one's new winter coat arrived just in time!  (I got a GREAT sale price & free shipping on Hannah Anderson right after Thanksgiving.)


Thank goodness everyone else has a coat that still fits!


I am thankful for ~

* a warm and cozy house

* daughters who love to bake

* finals week almost over

* humidifiers

What I have started to read ~

Another in the Mistletoe series ::


BTW, Hallmark channel has these in movie form, but the books are SO much better! 

I am praying for ~

Honestly?  For all the "snowflakes" out there who need to put on their big girl panties and grow up. The election is over.  Get over it.  All of the safe spaces I hear about on college campuses, really?  How about they walk in the shoes of a Coptic Christian.  Being so self-absorbed, they probably do not even know what has happened to the Coptic Christians this past week.  Those are true victims who need safe spaces.  Lord, have mercy on our country.

Moving on...

From the school room ~

Two of my students finished up on finals last week and two will finish up this week.

The semester went so quickly!

Art:: She's the only one who has time for art these days. :)




Living Liturgy::

January's feast day celebrations I'm planning on celebrating at home - Epiphany and St. Thomas Aquinas

Around the house ~

*  There's a hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping and gift wrapping going on.

* Christmas shopping is this close to being complete.

* Christmas music is being played.

* Christmas lights are twinkling.

* Christmas candles make everything smell so so so good!

My favorite ::


I use to purchase mine direct from Village Candle, but I purchased the most recent one on Amazon Prime (free shipping)!

* Of course there's a letter to Santa!  (She's the only one who wrote a letter this year.)


From the kitchen ~

Miss Mabel tried a new cookie recipe, and it is a keeper!  Think cranberries and white chocolate chip morsels.   (Recipe coming soon ;)



I am listening to ~

* the hum of the furnace joined by the sound of the humidifiers.

Coming down the pike this (past) week and this weekend ~

Sunday - Christmas pageant practice (Stan is Joseph!)
Monday - Basketball practice
Tuesday - Feast of St. Lucy (Go see Christmas light.)
Wednesday - Kids' choir practice
Wednesday - Ballet
Friday - Ballet rehearsal
Friday - Alter boy training
Saturday - Christmas ballet
Saturday - Dads night out

One last photo to share ~

Miss Ester and Miss Mabel went to see The Nutcracker ballet at the Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth last Saturday with friends.  They had an amazing time soaking up all of the Christmas sights and sounds of city.

(My friend snapped this shot of the girls before they left for the ballet.)

Wishing you continued joy and peace during this third week of Advent.

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. Perhaps it's clouding up all over the nation right now. It was raining in Oregon last night before I went to bed, and it hasn't stopped. Nature's humidifier. I just posted a picture of the waterfall in our poor excuse of a yard. Most of my family is in Utah. My sister says it's been raining/snowing/freezing all day.

    I certainly do enjoy your blog. I've started at the beginning and am working my way up. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by to visit :)

      Delete
  2. I love Clementine's coat, it is so pretty! (I also hit Hannah up for a really good sale right before thanksgiving on dresses. I love Hannah stuff and usually try to find it secondhand!)

    I had to laugh at your "I am praying for..." I agree with you. What kind of young people are we raising anyway? I deactivated my FB account because I couldn't handle the bellyaching anymore. It just wasn't good from any angle.

    AND! I'll have to check out that book series. I could use some fun reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty! My physical therapist is a Coptic Christian, and I was asking her about when Christmas was for her church (Jan 7th). She asked me if I'd kept up with the news, and I did know about the disastrous loss of life at the church in Cairo.
    If we think that the time of Christian persecution is over, all we have to do is look to our brothers and sisters overseas. May God bless them in their grief.
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Christian persecution is very strong in this day and age. Yes. And it never "really" makes the news. It's horrible and so tragic.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails