Beautiful weather. It's suppose to be a high of 82 today, but the weather man says to expect rain and cooler temps by Thursday night.
I am thankful for ~
* the opportunity to fly up to Chicago for Thanksgiving to be with my mom as she celebrates her 75th!
* being one of nine children, all of whom will be with my mom on Thanksgiving day.
* an amazing husband who will hold the fort down while I'm gone and cook the Thanksgiving meal.
I am preparing to read ~
I did not like this book because it was too philosophical and difficult for my brain to follow along. I didn't even finish it.
I am praying for ~
* one of our priests at church who is having complications with his heart.
* the future spouses of my children.
* college decisions; that we are guided by the Holy Spirit as we help Sally steer the course (of these uncharted waters).
From the school room ~
* College scholarships. Financial Aid. Campus visits. (Oh my!!)
* We only have 3 weeks left in the semester!
* No school next week except for one or two days (for the older three) who want to try to get ahead.
* Religion / Living Liturgy
Today is Miss Mabel's baptism birthday. On this special day, we give the child a faith-based gift and, if time permits, we look over Baptism photos, cards, and other mementos of their special day
Miss Mabel recently chose St. Helen (of the Cross) as her Confirmation saint. So I found this peg doll of St. Helen on this Etsy shop.
Around our house ~
* This sweet thing was so excited to go to Belk's and try on Christmas dresses. We settled on one, and she was SO excited to carry her own dress bag out the store :)
* Little Women
We hosted the November meeting, and I taught. We focused on the souls in Purgatory, spiritual works of mercy, and then made these All Souls candles.
(There were 8 young ladies in all, but I forgot to get a photo of all of them.)
My dear friend, Tiffany, posted this on her blog a few years ago, and I thought the idea was just beautiful!
* A morning with Penny, Ester's horse.
From the kitchen ~
Since I'm not going to be here on Thanksgiving, Stan the man and I are making this bread today.
The recipe is on the back of one of our favorite books, Cranberry Thanksgiving.
Coming down the pike this week ~
Monday - Doctor appointment
Tuesday - A friend's birthday party
Tuesday - EDGE youth group
Tuesday - Moms Night Out
Wednesday - Ballet (for Miss C)
Wednesday - Choir practise for kids
Wednesday - Mabel's Baptism birthday
Saturday - Funeral Mass to attend
One last photo to share ~
This hot air balloon landed at the park on Sunday night.
It's so hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week! The time has flown so quickly, too quickly. Wishing you all happy thoughts and prayers for your final preparations, travels, and time spent with your own families.
~ Patty ~