Thursday, November 3, 2016

All Souls Day Remembered - 2016

In a very old, historic cemetery, we gathered in a little chapel to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for the souls in Purgatory and then took a guided tour of the cemetery.







What a peaceful morning it was!  I prayed for the departed souls knowing that someday, when they are saints in heaven, they will remember this and pray for me.

Visiting a cemetery and praying for the souls in Purgatory on All Souls Day is an act of love; a Spiritual Work of Mercy.  It is a way to obtain a Plenary Indulgence for the souls in Purgatory.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord; And let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love spending time in cemeteries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty! A friend of mine introduced me to the beauty of cemeteries when I was in high school. I love reading the tombstones, especially the older ones. (You have a photo of one of them here.) Just like St. Paul says, 'they are at peace'. And that's what I feel when I visit.
    Thank you for all your prayers for the Souls, I so appreciate it for the people you know, and for all those who have no one to pray for them.
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice. I really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails