She made these scrumptious oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars. They didn't last 24 hours. So yummy!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
1 cup butter (room temp)
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats (we used quick oats)
2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, or milk chocolate)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 in. pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the vanilla.
3. Gently stir in the salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, rolled oats, and 1 cup chocolate chips, just until combined.
4. Spread 1/2 of the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining cup of milk chocolate chips on top. Carefully press remaining cookie mixture on top of chocolate.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
~ Patty ~