Saturday, October 15, 2016

In a blink of an eye

In a blink of an eye, October is half over!  Oh my goodness.  Time is moving too quickly.

One week after David and Mabel made it home from their Grand Canyon trip, David and Stan had their first Troops of St. George camp out.



They camped out where the annual Hike for Life TX took place, our favorite charity (helping mamas help babies).

We joined the guys for the hike, and saw that the crowd was unbelievably large this year.  What a blessing to see so many prayer warriors!



When the hike was over, the girls and I took a drive down to Waco, TX to see Magnolia Market (from HGTV).




We really enjoyed the outdoor "backyard" area.  People-watching is one of my favorite pass times, and this place did not disappoint, ha ha!

I wasn't impressed with what the store had to offer though.  Not much of a selection, truth be told.

After leaving the Magnolia, we swung through Baylor University campus.  Sally has applied to Baylor.  That place is SPRAWLING!!!  In fact, it seemed a bit overwhelming for me.

Then along came Stan's birthday followed immediately by homecoming.

And life continues to steadily move ahead, never slowing down.  I hope that wherever you are, you are enjoying your October days!  (They will be gone before you know it!)

~  Patty ~


7 comments:

  1. It must be so exciting to start to look at colleges, keep up updated! Wishing you a blessed Sunday... can't wait to hear what was for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exciting. Surreal. Bitter sweet. She's applied to six, heard back from three so far (and accepted to all three she's heard back from.) We are incredibly proud of her. She does plan to be a nurse. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! And I thought I was busy! I think that time goes faster, the older you get. They are flying by now too fast for me to even comprehend them. Sounds like it was a fulfilling week for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. My favorite part was the Hike for Life. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! And I thought I was busy! I think that time goes faster, the older you get. They are flying by now too fast for me to even comprehend them. Sounds like it was a fulfilling week for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty, I adore how your children love on that precious baby girl of yours.
    And your family is indeed an inspiration.
    I agree!
    Time is flying!
    Hope you are getting some fall weather. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Billie Jo. They love her up most of the time. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails