Warm, sunny days!
I am thankful for ~
* our parish priests
* our parish family
* mariachi music
* teenagers who volunteer to help run the face painting
* pony rides
* train rides
* cultural entertainment from the Hispanic parishioners
* pool tables and giant bicycles
I am reading ~
I just checked this out at the library...
Check out the description on Amazon, here.
From the school room ~
* our big news is that Miss Sally has recently been accepted into 2 more nursing schools!
University of Alabama
University of Mary-Hardin Baylor
I am praying (desperately) for ~
* our country!
* an end to abortion
Around the house ~
Myself and five other moms have been planning a discernment / Confirmation retreat for 9 young ladies in our homeschool group.
We leave for Tulsa, OK this Friday and will get back on Sunday.
The young ladies will be praying with, eating with, and hanging out with the Benedictine sisters. :)
Please, keep us in your prayers for a safe and fruitful trip!
From the kitchen ~
On Sunday, we feasted on festival foods. It was SO good! Too good!
I am listening to ~
* the hum of the a.c. I think we will be able to turn it off (for a few days at least) by the end of the week.
Coming down the pike this week ~
Sunday - parish fall festival
Tuesday - EDGE youth group
Wednesday - Miss Clementine's ballet class
Wednesday - Kids' choir practise
Friday through Sunday - Retreat
One last photo to share ~
A couple of weeks ago, my spineless cactus bloomed. Isn't it unusual looking?
Wishing you all a great week!
~ Patty ~