Outside my window ~
Some rain on Sunday brought a little bit of a drop in temperatures.
I am thankful for ~
* My peeps arrived home safe and sound from the 8th grade "field" trip!!
* David and Miss Mabel had an amazing adventure that allowed for some incredible bonding between a father and daughter. (Post on the Grand Canyon trip coming soon!)
I am reading ~
It just arrived in the mail a couple of days ago. Looking forward to this, and it should be a quick read since it is only 105 pages.
From the school room ~
* Big news! Big Big news!
Miss Sally received her first college admissions letter!
What an overwhelming feeling of success in our homeschool journey!! It still feels surreal.
* Miss Clementine has been working on some fall art projects...
Cut, paste, and painted hand prints.
Apple stamp artwork.
The day she day she did her apple stamp fall tree (above), I was like who the heck am I kidding?!
It was a crazy 100 degrees out, Stan was like, "Mom, when we do go to the apple orchard..." as I was thinking, Dude! Woe. We have no apple orchards. (Where's he been the past 9 years?? Ha ha ha!) And I have a cactus ready to bloom, for Pete's sake! This is not fall. I need a Corona!
* The high school kids in our homeschool group attended a 90 minute self-defense class. So informative!!!
* 9th week - this week! End of the first quarter already.
I am praying for ~
* an end to abortion
* for our priests
* for all those who have asked me to pray for them
* our country
* Each morning I say the St. Michael prayer, petitioning for my family's safety from all the evils of this world (if possible.)
Around the house ~
I can find this large bottle of shea soap at TJ Max or Tuesday Morning stores for $5.00. Each season, a new scent arrives. I love this stuff! (It lasts by my kitchen sink for a good 60 days and gets a lot of use.)
From the kitchen ~
I put together my monthly meal planner for October. I decided against adding chili or more soups the weather will probably be warm still.
I am listening to ~
Silence! It's golden.
Coming down the pike this week ~
Sunday - High School self-defense class
Sunday - High School youth group
Tuesday - Miss Mabel Edge youth group
Wednesday - Miss Clementine ballet
Wednesday - Choir practise
Thursday - PE for Stan
Saturday - Hike for Life TX
One last photo to share ~
Taking a school break on a hot afternoon with a chocolate sundae!
Have a great week!
~ Patty ~