Sunday, September 25, 2016

They Say Fall is Here - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Some rain on Sunday brought a little bit of a drop in temperatures.






I am thankful for ~

* My peeps arrived home safe and sound from the 8th grade "field" trip!!


* David and Miss Mabel had an amazing adventure that allowed for some incredible bonding between a father and daughter.  (Post on the Grand Canyon trip coming soon!)


I am reading ~


It just arrived in the mail a couple of days ago.  Looking forward to this, and it should be a quick read since it is only 105 pages.

From the school room ~

* Big news!  Big Big news!

Miss Sally received her first college admissions letter!


What an overwhelming feeling of success in our homeschool journey!!  It still feels surreal.

* Miss Clementine has been working on some fall art projects...

Cut, paste, and painted hand prints.



Apple stamp artwork.


The day she day she did her apple stamp fall tree (above), I was like who the heck am I kidding?!
It was a crazy 100 degrees out, Stan was like, "Mom, when we do go to the apple orchard..."  as I was thinking, Dude!  Woe.  We have no apple orchards.  (Where's he been the past 9 years??  Ha ha ha!)  And I have a cactus ready to bloom, for Pete's sake!  This is not fall.  I need a Corona!

* The high school kids in our homeschool group attended a 90 minute self-defense class.  So informative!!!



* 9th week - this week!  End of the first quarter already.






I am praying for ~

* an end to abortion

* for our priests

* for all those who have asked me to pray for them

* our country

* Each morning I say the St. Michael prayer, petitioning for my family's safety from all the evils of this world (if possible.)

Around the house ~



I can find this large bottle of shea soap at TJ Max or Tuesday Morning stores for $5.00.  Each season, a new scent arrives.  I love this stuff!  (It lasts by my kitchen sink for a good 60 days and gets a lot of use.)

From the kitchen ~

I put together my monthly meal planner for October.  I decided against adding chili or more soups the weather will probably be warm still.



I am listening to ~

Silence!  It's golden.

Coming down the pike this week ~

Sunday - High School self-defense class
Sunday - High School youth group
Tuesday - Miss Mabel Edge youth group
Wednesday - Miss Clementine ballet
Wednesday - Choir practise
Thursday - PE for Stan
Saturday - Hike for Life TX

One last photo to share ~

Taking a school break on a hot afternoon with a chocolate sundae!


Have a great week!

~  Patty ~

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! College!!!
    Sorry it's so un fallish down there!
    But I guess it all evens out when we are buried in snow up here!!!
    Love your preschool!!!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting your meal plan for the month! My husband keeps trying to encourage me to do a meal plan but I find it so overwhelming both in time and decisions!! Seeing someone else plan will really help me.

    Congratulations to your daughter! Have you always home-schooled? Such a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meal plan has been a life saver this year!!! I've posted three now (you can search monthly meal plan on my blog and they'll pop up.) My friend encouraged me. I have three different ones now. It saves do much time, cooking is more enjoyable, and I even save $$.

      Yes, I have homeschool all my children since the beginning. It's been quite a journey, filled with abundant blessings. (Blessings I never expected, one being a deeper growth in my personal faith.)

      Delete
  3. Love the apple crafts... I say, doesn't matter the weather, September in preschool is apple time. She looks so pleased with her sweet projects! Wish I could transport you all up here for apple orchard time, only if we can come around February 20th when we're "over" winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture of Stan. What a smile. And that sweet one of Clementine with her apple craft.... Melts my heart.
    Congratulations to Sally (and you too!) I can't imagine what that feels like.
    A Corona is always a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your daughter (and to you!).
    Looks like great summer activities still. We spend a few falls in Michigan and just after Labor Day I think it's time for apple cider, fresh doughnuts and autumn colors and temps. Memories.

    Self defense class- wow, great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails