Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunday's Apple Pie

Back in 2007, this was the first apple pie recipe I tried on my own.

This is such a delicious, easy-to-make, pie recipe.  A great one for beginners!



Ingredients:
2 prepared 8" pastry shells (I use the Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, 2 pack)
6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
3 tbsp butter

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2.  Peel, slice and core the apples in a large bowl.




3.  In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and flour.  Stir well and pour mixture over apples.



4.  Cut half of butter or margarine into small pieces and add to apples.  Toss apples until thoroughly coated.


5.  Pour apples into pastry-lined pie pan.  Dot apples with the rest of butter or margarine.




6.  Place second pastry on top.  Seal edges and cut steam vents in top crust.  (My mom always sprinkles sugar on top of her apple pie crust ;)



7.  Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until crust is golden brown.



We love our apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

1 comment:

  1. I think this is the same one I use!
    And, I concur. It is delicious!!!!
    Oh. And The Pillsbury Pie Crusts? The ONLY way to go!
    Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails