This is such a delicious, easy-to-make, pie recipe. A great one for beginners!
2 prepared 8" pastry shells (I use the Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, 2 pack)
6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
3 tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Peel, slice and core the apples in a large bowl.
3. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Stir well and pour mixture over apples.
5. Pour apples into pastry-lined pie pan. Dot apples with the rest of butter or margarine.
6. Place second pastry on top. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top crust. (My mom always sprinkles sugar on top of her apple pie crust ;)
7. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
We love our apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
~ Patty ~