I had lost my handwritten notes on my mom's lasagna recipe, but thank goodness, I was able to recall it from memory. I thought it would be a good idea to put it on my blog for safe keeping and future reference!
I'm assuming that everyone has their own recipe since there are so many variations of lasagna out there. In case you have never made the dish, it really is easy. Do not be afraid to attempt it.
1 box lasagna noodles cooked according to directions on box. (This recipe calls for 9, but I cook 12 in case any tear during the cooking process.)
45 oz spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
24 oz small curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 lb ground beef, browned
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook the noodles according to directions on box.
3. While the noodles are cooking, brown the beef, drain fat, and add the sauce. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
4. Ladle some on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
5. Lay 3 noodles over the sauce and then spread some cottage cheese over each noodle. I don't really measure it and I use my fingers to do the spreading. Messy, yes, but so much easier.
6. Next, sprinkle some of the Mozzarella cheese over the cottage cheese. I LOVE Mozzarella cheese!
7. Repeat steps 4--6, two more times ending with sauce on the top.
8. Sprinkle Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the top of the sauce.
Side view of what it looks like.
9. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
So easy and yummy!
Always let it sit at least 10 minutes before serving. Dishes like this, with all the melted yumminess, are hard to serve from the dish when piping hot.
~ Patty ~