Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Apple Dump Cake

I know.  The title sounds rather nasty, doesn't it.  But this cake recipe is so yummy!

 I'm sure many of you have the recipe yourself, or a version of it, (my friend Sarah has a crock pot version that is delicious.)  I had tasted Dump Cake about 25 years ago from an acquaintance.

I just made it this past Sunday for dessert and realized that I never put the recipe up on my blog.

This is my apple dump cake.


Ingredients:

1 large can apples (pie filling) in syrup
1 box white cake mix
1 1/2 sticks butter

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.

2.  Dump the apple pie filling into the dish and spread evenly.  Pour the cake mix over the top of the fruit.  Slice the butter into 1/8" thick pieces and distribute evenly over the cake mix.


3.  Bake for 45 minutes.


4.  Let cool a little.  Then just spool it out and serve it with ice cream!



As I mentioned, some of you may have a variation of the recipe.  I've also tried a cherry/crushed pineapple one and a peach one.  So good!

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails