Outside my window ~
The weather on the 4th was actually quite lovely for North Texas. Our morning started out with a small, light rain shower and that type of thunder that echoes and rolls for ever and ever; a very soothing morning.
When the sun popped out, the temps only got to a high of 90 degrees.
I am thankful for ~
* spending quality time with good neighbors who are about to move to Mississippi
* my husband
* spending time with friends on their ranch celebrating the Fourth of July
What I am reading ~
I continue to love this book::
Each chapter covers a Beatitude. The author tells the reader a handful of backgrounds on various saints whose lives pertain to the Beatitude the chapter is on. I'm finding it powerful and makes me contemplate the Beatitudes more than I ever had before.
From the school room ~
* I am getting ready to order the school books for this next school year. I use Seton Home Study School, I have for 13 years now. It's always worked for us so my theory is, don't fix what isn't broken.
* I am trying to control my emotions as my oldest enters senior year.
I am praying for ~
* that God directs us toward our badly needed third car (With two teens working, having different shifts, it is time.)
* our country (I celebrate our country's forefathers, but I have a terrible time celebrating our country when it comes to today's standards.)
* an end to abortion (which is the root of our country's troubles.)
Around the house ~
From the kitchen ~
I am listening to ~
* the hum of the dryer in the laundry room
* someone is watching Little House on the Prairie upstairs
Coming down the pike this week ~
Monday - July 4th
Tuesday - swimming with friends
Tuesday - Miss Ester has a horse lesson with a new instructor we are trying out.
Wednesday - appointment with Father to discuss Confirmation (He has given us permission to homeschool Confirmation instead of enrolling in the religious ed program.)
Thursday - I'm driving a friend to her doctor appointment in Dallas
Friday - swimming with friends
A final photo to share ~
Southern summer nights
I remember when I was that age. :)
~ Patty ~