Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Fourth of July - Daybook Post 2016

Outside my window ~



The weather on the 4th was actually quite lovely for North Texas.  Our morning started out with a small, light rain shower and that type of thunder that echoes and rolls for ever and ever; a very soothing morning.

When the sun popped out, the temps only got to a high of 90 degrees.

I am thankful for ~

* spending quality time with good neighbors who are about to move to Mississippi

* my husband

* spending time with friends on their ranch celebrating the Fourth of July

What I am reading ~

I continue to love this book::


Each chapter covers a Beatitude.  The author tells the reader a handful of backgrounds on various saints whose lives pertain to the Beatitude the chapter is on.  I'm finding it powerful and makes me contemplate the Beatitudes more than I ever had before.

From the school room ~

* I am getting ready to order the school books for this next school year.  I use Seton Home Study School, I have for 13 years now.   It's always worked for us so my theory is, don't fix what isn't broken.

* I am trying to control my emotions as my oldest enters senior year.

I am praying for ~

* that God directs us toward our badly needed third car (With two teens working, having different shifts, it is time.)

* our country (I celebrate our country's forefathers, but I have a terrible time celebrating our country when it comes to today's standards.)

* an end to abortion (which is the root of our country's troubles.)

Around the house ~





From the kitchen ~









I am listening to ~

* the hum of the dryer in the laundry room

* someone is watching Little House on the Prairie upstairs

Coming down the pike this week ~

Monday - July 4th
Tuesday - swimming with friends
Tuesday - Miss Ester has a horse lesson with a new instructor we are trying out.
Wednesday - appointment with Father to discuss Confirmation (He has given us permission to homeschool Confirmation instead of enrolling in the religious ed program.)
Thursday - I'm driving a friend to her doctor appointment in Dallas
Friday - swimming with friends

A final photo to share ~

Southern summer nights



I remember when I was that age.  :)

~  Patty  ~




6 comments:

  1. Love these posts and the peek into your world! Someone watching Little House upstairs? Move over on that couch! I'm coming to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made the Rice Krispie treats too!
    Have a great week, Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely pictures. Those mini American flags are such great decorations in a pot of flowers!
    I am also emotional about my Junior, so I can only imagine how you're feeling this year!
    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful way to celebrate the fourth. I agree with you n today's problems. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th! I like how you differentiated between celebrating our forefathers and NOT celebrating our country's current state. Right on! :o) Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you've found something that works for your homeschool and are not tempted to sway from it. I am always on the look-out for something that may work a little better. This year, I bought RC History in the hopes that all my kids can be working/studying the same time period. We'll have one family read aloud and then they'll have individualized work depending upon their level. We'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails