Thursday, July 28, 2016

Back-to-School - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

We have experienced these AMAZING and beautiful pop up, cloud bursts the past few afternoons.  They remind me of what we see by the gulf coast on any given day.  Normally, we are dry. as. a. bone. at this time of the year.


I am thankful for ~

* new bedtimes and morning alarm clocks for some of the little ones

* coffee

* experiencing Pre-School one last time


I am reading ~

I'm still reading, Blessed are You.
 
From the school room ~

* Our first official day of school is tomorrow, Friday, July 29.  

* Although, a couple of the kids have already been schooling half days for two weeks now since they will be at music camp for one week in August.



*  I purchased this X-ACTO pencil sharpener on the recommendation from Jen.  We really like it so far.

* Miss Sally is now a Senior,  Ester is a Sophomore,  Mabel is an 8th grader,  Stan is a 5th grader,  and little Clementine is in pre-school.

(I plan to do a later post on what subject they are studying this year.)

I am praying for ~

* our country

* peace

* priests

* an end to abortion

* for all those who have asked me to pray for them

Around the house ~


Math lessons at the kitchen table while another one nibbles on lunch.



From the kitchen ~

Last Saturday, my friend Jen posted on FB her meal plan for one entire month.  I was like, dang, girl, you rock!!

As I was being lazy on the couch, I thought that I should really do this (especially since I truly detest making up my menu every week).

I took her great idea and then tweaked it by assigning an ethnic theme to each day of the week.

Then I proceeded to use my recipes (you can find them at the top of my blog) to fill in each day.

Truly.  Honestly.  Easy peasy.

When it was completed, I felt like a rock star, too!

*Pizza night (on Wednesdays) are changed up a bit, too.  Sometimes we make ours, sometimes we use frozen, sometimes we order out if we have a coupon.

* Breakfast for dinner (Thursdays) are always welcomed by husbands, according to some friends.  But my hubs doesn't care as long as he has a hot dinner to come home to.  So it ends up working out.

I am listening to ~

* the hum of the a.c.

Coming down the pike this week (end) ~

Friday - first day of school

Sunday - Home school group pool party


A final photo to share ~


The night before school starts, I always leave an encouraging card on the kids' nightstands, something for them to wake up to.  :)

Another first-day-of-school tradition is a donut breakfast!

Wishing you all have a great rest of your week, a fun weekend, and a blessed Sunday.

~  Patty  ~



9 comments:

  1. Wow! Back to school, already? I love C.'so shirt. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Back to school, already? I love C.'so shirt. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too hot, Phyllis. It leads to "I'm bored" which inevitably leads to trouble. Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. Happy Happy Happy First Day of School!!!!
    Prayers for a successful and happy year.
    And enjoy Preschool!!!!!
    Flynn's two years went by quickly. As did Kindergarten!!!!
    Have a nice evening and I love your new pic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Billie Jo! It went as well as expected ;) We are ready for this year. My bookends: a senior and a pre schooler.

      Delete
  4. New school years are so exciting.
    I always come here for motivation and you never disappoint. I love your energy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you guys are liking the pencil sharpener :) It always feels good to get back on a schedule. The day before our first day of school, Sarah made the comment "I love getting the cards from mom on the first day!" Well, I hadn't gotten them any cards...so I had to scramble around and grab from what I had to write them little notes ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails