Thursday, June 16, 2016

Kitchen Curtains

When we decided to give the kitchen a face lift, I thought it would be the right time to update the curtains as well.

I didn't realize how hard it would be.  You see, we have an open floor plan downstairs and I was needing a pattern that would compliment all the other areas and furniture and curtains. 

I really dislike dusting the blinds, so I wanted to take them down which meant finding a material that would help block out the morning sun as well, (kitchen windows face the east.)





I found these floral ones at JCPenney over Memorial weekend.



I ran into 2 problems when I hung them.

First, David didn't like them.  Ugh.  Sometime men don't understand how hard it is to find the right item.  In the end he said, "I guess I'll learn to love them."

Smart man, ha ha ha!

Second, the morning sun came right through and heated up the kitchen.  Not only did the kitchen heat up, but I felt that the material would fade rather quickly.

David was kind enough to offer to sew a liner into them :)   Wasn't that sweet of him?!

One of these is not like the other!


I took this photo to show how what a difference the liner made.

They both have liners now and do a great job blocking out the blinding, morning sun.


In addition to the fresh paint color, the curtains really brighten up the place.

(One of these days, I really need to learn how to sew like David!)

~  Patty  ~

10 comments:

  1. You are so funny ~ and you're a perfect team ~ and I love the new look ~ and I like the way he thinks ~ and here's to your new kitchen!!! YAHOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID have to remind him that he picked out the pulls for the new cabinet doors ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting more views of the curtains. I could see where it would be tough to find something just right to compliment a big open area. I really do love, love the colors in these curtains and I think they are perfect. Yay for David's mad sewing skills to get those lined and block out all that light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said, and I quote, "They look really foo foo and 70-ish." Ha ha ha!

      Delete
  3. You are one lucky woman--a husband who not only has sewing skills but is a diplomat as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They ate pretty! Nice to have such a handy husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They ate pretty! Nice to have such a handy husband. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails