Monday, June 20, 2016

Gulf Coast Vacation (beach and pool pics)

Our Tampa friends met us for a week in Gulfport, Mississippi and boy oh boy! did we have a great week making some amazing memories to last a lifetime!

As I load the pictures, I'm feeling so incredibly blessed to know the Dunlaps.  They are truly wonderful folks.  :)



Jen and I first met in the blogosphere (six years ago), finding a connection between homeschooling and adoption.  Two years ago, she and I met IRL for a moms get-away in Florida.  That was another unforgettable trip, too!




When I met Jen's beautiful family, I instantly knew they'd get along with my family.  The similarities are uncanny.  So last summer, we picked a time and place and made a summer vacation date for this summer.



Even the dads hit it off.  Seriously hit it off.


When I was uploading the pictures after the trip, I noticed that unknowingly, they even dressed in the same colors!  ha ha ha!

I just love these kids!


On day 3, Miss Sally and I decided to take a tour of a southern antebellum house, Beauvoir, a home belonging to Jefferson Davis in Biloxi, MS.   Oh my gosh!  It was FASCINATING, especially the Confederate Soldiers' cemetery.  That will be my next post.

Until then,  enjoy all the precious smiles I posted!

~  Patty  ~

10 comments:

  1. Patty I saw your comment over at Billie Jo's blog so I thought I'd come by for a visit. For starters, I love your header 'Reason's for Chocolate' There are so many reasons in my life to have chocolate ha ha! Sun Sand and Beach is another favorite thing of mine and your family knows how to do it up right! And seriously what is that big sand cruiser thing, that looks like a blast! Your girls names are absolutely darling I love each and everyone of them!!
    Take care
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat connection and how wonderful to get all together for a great time! I love your pictures, can't wait for next post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DID enjoy all those smiles :)
    I'm glad you had such a great time together. I love hearing about friendships created by the blogosphere. Looking forward to reading about the rest of the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing summer vacation! I'll have to live vicariously through you this year! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I was wondering where you were going when you mentioned the beach. I agree with Heather, I will have to live vicariously through you and Billie Jo this summer! :) I love blog friendships. It is like you have known them for so long, but then you realize that wait "we haven't met before IRL, this could be awkward", but then it isn't and it is so much fun!! I remember once arranging a blog meeting up with 3 other blog girlfriends and their husbands in southern WI when I was visiting my sister back in 2010. Driving to the restaurant, my DH says "well, what if they are axe murderers or something"...kidding obviously, but the thought of meeting random strangers I only knew on the internet was kind of weird I think to him. My response, "well, we are meeting at a public place and we can just get up and leave.". LOL! Well, all of us hit it off and on the way home he commented about one of the guys and said something like "I wish so and so lived closer, he was great!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! My husband said that once when I was going to meet another blogger. What you said is to true. When the Jen was first meeting my kids, I forgot that she was just meeting them for the first time! :)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful smiles! Looks like everyone had so much fun. Good for your families!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had such a great trip! Your family is awesome. The kids are already trying to wrangle a trip to Dallas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, how funny the guys dressed alike!! 😂😂

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails