Friday, May 27, 2016

Vacation Countdown for Little Ones

We are going on a beach vacation with friends this summer.  Woo Hoo!

Jen and I planned this last July knowing our calendars fill up lightening fast.  It was a smart move, too.

 My littlest is SO excited that I thought I should help her grasp the concept of time a bit better before she drives David and myself bonkers.  (When do we go?  When do we leave?  How many more days?)

I put together this vacation countdown.



I found something similar on Pinterest but put my own twist on it.


It was easy to do.  I went and bought two packages of beach-themed stickers and one little roll of ribbon.  I already had the large (4x6), blank index cards and a clothesline clip.


Each day she moves the clip to the number of days left.


I LOVE beach vacations!

~  Patty ~



10 comments:

  1. How fun and what a great idea. Looking forward and planning to a trip is half the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Good idea putting it on the calendar a year in advance. Every winter, I think that this will be our relaxing summer. And then, every spring, the calendar fills to the brim with activities (all good) leaving no room for just relaxing. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to relax when the kid are grown, huh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, and so pretty to look at.
    Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, you are so creative! Can't wait to see you in 2 WEEKS!!! I feel like I need that calendar for myself 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I actually put that sentiment down in my post and then deleted it. LOL

      Delete
  5. You guys are going to have so much fun!! I can imagine the complete craziness and chaos of your clans together and also the complete joy! Have a wonderful, safe, and memory making filled trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute countdown! I must admit I'm a wee bit jealous (but happy for you too) you and Jen will get to hang out again. You're welcome to MN any time. Or maybe we have to meet half way? My heart says I need to meet Patty. It's gotta happen, right? ;) Hugs and may your beach time together be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for little ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails