Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The Rodeo

Oh my gosh.  So we are in the thick of finals week here at the Hughes Academy ;)

Let me tell you, we are hangin' in there, getting tired, but still hangin'.

Everyone needs a study break, right?  So today, we went to the Mesquite Pro Rodeo Education Days.



Oh wow!  4300 students/teachers packed the place today alone.  (And it was crazy LOUD.)

I had organized this field trip for our home school group back before New Year's.  It's THAT popular.  My family took in our first rodeo with Grammy back in July 2014, and today was just as exciting as the first time.

(I forgot my good camera, so I apologize for the lack of quality.)

About 15 minutes to the start of the show, they let the herd of horses run.  Such BEAUTIFUL creatures!



Bubba, (that's is real name, folks), came over on his horse to talk to some of the kids before the start of the show.



Riding the bucking bulls is my personal fave, but there's no way in hell I'd be caught near one of them.

(There weren't any 8 second riders today.)



There were seven other families that joined us.  We had GREAT seats to boot!


And that's it for photos.  A particular 4 year old was very antsy, and hungry, and thirsty, and needed to use the potty.  And on and on and on.

But everyone had a GREAT time!

A little advice to home school moms out there.  If you are like us where the cost of activities adds up quickly, plan field trips with your home school group!  Seriously.  I have planned so many trips this past school year, and I'm going to admit, it was for selfish reasons.  You see when you get a group together, you get a great discount price.

Don't know where to begin?  Call the place you want to go to and inquire with their educational department or the front office.  These people are more than happy to assist you.  Or ask me.  I'd be happy to guide you.  Just send me a message.

Until next time,

Patty


1 comment:

  1. How fun! You may have organized these field trips for "selfish reasons" but there are plenty of people like me who love when other people take the REINS and do the planning for them. (see what I did there?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails