Sunday, May 22, 2016

Catching Up - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Rain then sun then rain and more sun.  Cooler than norm temps.  There's  a 50% chance of T-storms for Monday.

I am thankful for ~

* parishes that provide Theology of The Body / Chastity talks to teenagers (Kids cannot hear this enough as far as I'm concerned.)

* priests that support homeschooling and believe that the parent is the primary educator of faith

* that everyone in my family safely made it to wherever they had to be over the weekend and then back home again (jiggity jig)

What we are reading ~

Nothing.

But! Now that summer break is hear, I look forward to cracking open fun-to-read books once again.

In fact, tomorrow we are heading to the library :)

From the school room ~


These two finished up.

I snapped the photo of Miss Mabel carrying out the remains of her school papers and notebooks to the trash.  She is officially an 8th grader!

Stan the Man finished last Thursday and is an official 5th grader!

The high school finals are a LOT longer and (obviously) more difficult.  I believe Mis Sally and Ester each have a couple of things to type up and each have one more math test left.

I am praying for ~

* all those who have asked me to pray for them

* for a more quiet life rhythm this summer

* our country (Doesn't it feel like we are living in the Twilight Zone??)

Around the house ~

Oh my word.  Finals week was sandwiched between two incredibly active weekends.

* Last weekend, there was the talent show on Friday night (on the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima)

Check out the dessert table some of the moms put together :


* Last Saturday, I needed to get the kitchen and dining room painted.  It's in preparation for Phase II of our kitchen facelift.


I painted the walls this Sherwin Williams Believable Buff color (originally it was a dark caramel color).

That shaker door is a sample of the new door and stain color David is putting in.

Since I had plenty of paint left over, I went ahead and did the dining room as well.

* Confirmation day.


Our parish had 110 students confirmed.

I also made the  decision to NOT teach Confirmation next year.  It is a huge job that has worn me out.  After four years, I'm ready to take the break :)


*  This weekend was crazier!

David flew to Illinois to attend his goddaughter's wedding.

* Miss Clementine was in her first-ever dance recital.

Here she is waiting to go onstage.  Her group tap danced to Chattanooga Choo Choo :)


* The Hughes sisters headed off to their summer jobs at the pool.  (Miss Sally is a certified life guard and swim instructor.  Miss Ester is a certified swim instructor aide.)


* Miss Ester and Miss Mabel attended their 3rd  goat tying clinic.




They had so much fun!

From the kitchen ~

I'm starting to look for some summer grilling recipes.

I'm listening to ~

Stan the Man brush his teeth as he gets ready for bedtime.

Coming down the pike this week ~

What an awesome feeling to turn the weekly calendar and see hardly anything on it!

Tuesday - Dr. appointment for Stan

Thursday - Mabel is hosting a swimming party for the middle school girls in our home school group.

Saturday - Mabel has a birthday party to go to.

A final photo to share ~

Check out my page views!!


That's over 1 million!

I need to celebrate that BIG number.  Somehow.  Right?

Have a wonderful week ahead, friends!

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Your girls all ready for work are just the sweetest. How gorgeous! The goat tying clinic picks are always fascinating. I'd love to sit and watch it in person. Miss C all ready for her recital is just darn precious. I bet she went on stage and was a hit. Good for you, two students finished up with school. We'll wrap up this week. Then we'll see what the summer has in store for us. No big plans just yet, but maybe that's ok too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much good stuff going on.
    How sweet is that Clementine? Oh my goodness!!
    And WOW to those page-views. It's no wonder really. I know I love visiting you here.
    Have a great week, Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on those page views!!!
    Well deserved, my friend!
    And yay for working teens...they look so beautiful!
    Your baby is adorable...
    And your young man too.
    Enjoy the almost empty week, Patty.
    You deserve it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful things to celebrate Patty! Love the cupcake rosary! We have done that for Mary's birthday on Sept. 8! So awesome school is ending for you and your girls are working together! And Miss Clementine is super adorable! What blessings! And congrats on your page views! Love your sweet and beautiful blog and family! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dessert table. Amazing! And your little dancer? Adorable. Yah! on being done... enjoy some down time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails