Mostly big, gray clouds with intermittent sun. Monday we enjoyed a beautiful morning storm that showered our garden with glorious rainwater.
But on Tuesday night, yowzer! Did the skies over North Texas freak out!
Have you ever seen hail storm damage like this??
Not our house, but acquaintances of ours. Every house on that street that was facing the north was pummeled.
I am thankful for ~
* the fact that our house wasn't destroyed by the hail
* a wonderful visit with my mom
* 2 employed teenagers!!! Music to a parent's ears :) (Miss Ester was recently hired on with the city's aquatics department as a swim instructor aide.)
What we are reading ~
I really haven't had the time between Easter and my mother's visit. I need to work on it though.
However, Stan the man just finished reading this for fun ::
He loved it and I just ordered the sequel, The Black Star.
From the school room ~
* We are just finishing up with week 31. That means only 5 weeks left!! So excited :)
* Miss Sally took a college campus tour of St. Gregory's University in Shawnee, OK. It is small, Catholic, and only 3 hours from Dallas.
* Miss Sally took the ACT last Saturday. (She took the new SAT in March; results for that won't be back until May.)
I am praying for ~
* a nice recovery for Miss Sally who had her wisdom teeth removed today. All four were impacted, poor thing.
Fuzziness is due to the high risk of a mother being skinned alive for taking a photo of said teenage daughter's recovery. ;)
She was enjoying her first meal of the day, Macaroni and Cheese.
Around the house ~
New summer sandals were in order.
The cost of 6 pairs of shorts and 1 belt for 2 teenage girls. We hit up Plato's Closet, a retail shop for teens.
Actually, I've seen adults shopping there and it is like, holy moly.
As my friend Jen said, "Just because it's in your size doesn't mean you should wear it!"
Miss Ester celebrated another Baptism birthday this week.
That box in the photo? It is a Sacrament keepsake box. They are the BEST! Each child has one and they keep their cards and mementos from every Sacrament they've received safely inside.
After lighting her own Baptism candle, we sing Happy Birthday, and then the kids always receive a small, faith-based gift.
Miss Ester received her own holy water font to hang next to her desk or somewhere in her bedroom. Someday, she can hang it in her own house.
Isn't it beautiful?
I think all of our kids have one now, except Miss Sally.
From the kitchen ~
I did not do any Easter baking since I was up in KC visiting my sister and her family. So I baked (and froze) a lamb cake for this Sunday, Good Shepherd Sunday.
I'll decorate it Saturday night and hopefully, it'll look like this one I've made before.
(That's about as crafty with cake decorating that I can get.)
I am listening to ~
the sound of Star Trek. Miss Sally is watching it on the laptop while she recovers.
Coming down the pike this week (end) ~
* Friday - Grocery shopping
* Saturday - Goat tying clinic 2.0 for Ester and Mabel
A last photo to share ~
Garden snails. These little buggers are so destructive.
Come to find out, they LOVE marigolds (which
Have a great weekend and a blessed Sunday!
~ Patty ~