Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Making Memories - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

I'm sitting here listening to some rain drops beginning to hit the windows.  We are due for a Texas-sized storm in about a half hour.

I am thankful for ~

* Miss Sally's recovery from wisdom teeth removal

* shelter

* modern conveniences

* my friends

What we are reading ~

I pulled out our summer book bin and it is definitely in need of some new summer -themed books.  I ordered these 4 for starters :






* If interested, I put up this post that lists the books we have about Mary.  (The month of May is dedicated to Mary.)

From the school room ~

* Miss Sally's ACT score came back.  She'll definitely land some nice scholarships!!

* Last week, the younger kids went on a field trip to the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison (suburb of Dallas).  

Plane enthusiasts, check out this link to see a list of all the amazing planes we saw!



I am praying for ~

* this bad weather to pass without any catastrophes

* an end to abortion

* our priests

* our country

Around the house ~

A couple of weekends ago, Miss Ester and Mabel took part in another goat tying clinic.

This goat tying clinic 2.0 focused on riding in on your horse, jumping off, capturing the goat, and tying its legs.

(They made a movie out of it to present at the homeschool talent show next month.)



From the kitchen ~

I just posted the recipe to this amazing Key Lime Pie. (Recipe here)


I am listening to ~

David's ham radio and all the storm chasers reporting in.  I hear thunder in the distance and the rain right now is intermittent.

Coming down the pike this week ~

Wednesday - Ballet for Miss Clementine
                   - I teach Confirmation class

Friday - David and Ester take Penny to the vet for horse vaccinations
           - The dads of Troops of St. George will be smoking the pulled pork for the family field day

Saturday - Troops of St. George family field day

Last batch of photos to share ~

Someone got a new set of wheels!




Wishing you all a great rest of your week!

~  Patty  ~

8 comments:

  1. I hope that you escaped any bad weather that came in. That plane museum looks so fun. I bet the kids enjoyed it. Those summer books look like another handful of treasures. The goat tying sounds like a hoot. How I'd love to watch those girls!

    Have a wonderful week and enjoy the family field day along with the pulled pork. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at her on that beautiful bike!!!!
    Happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weather update: My family was unscathed in that Texas boomer. It did produce a couple of tornadoes north of us. Weatherman said Thursday night and Friday night are suppose to bring more storms. Here's to a calm and beautiful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for bike weather! We just got ours down from winter storage and the kids can't stop riding. Praying that all that nasty weather misses you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patty! That is one huge smile on Miss C! She is lovin' that bike!
    What happened with the weather? Did you do okay? It looked like there was going to be hail. Yay to Sally!! How exciting to do so well on the ACT. She deserves it :)
    Hope the weather keeps quiet...the goat tying goes better then!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Sally (and to you). It's great to see in outside confirmations that homeschooling works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About five years ago, she had (2) 20-something relatives tell her that in order to go to college and earn scholarships she better go to a brick and mortar high school. (Insert angry face.) David and I had to do some convincing to make her realize that was not only false, but their comments were based on total ignorance.

      I'd also like to phone the Catholic school principal and let him know her success. He was the one who told me I'd be harming her by homeschooling her and putting her a year ahead (which is where she belonged based on intelligence not state law cut off date).



      Delete
  7. Oh the bike! So cute! And I love that Yee book... have the same one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails