I'm sitting here listening to some rain drops beginning to hit the windows. We are due for a Texas-sized storm in about a half hour.
I am thankful for ~
* Miss Sally's recovery from wisdom teeth removal
* modern conveniences
* my friends
What we are reading ~
I pulled out our summer book bin and it is definitely in need of some new summer -themed books. I ordered these 4 for starters :
* If interested, I put up this post that lists the books we have about Mary. (The month of May is dedicated to Mary.)
From the school room ~
* Miss Sally's ACT score came back. She'll definitely land some nice scholarships!!
* Last week, the younger kids went on a field trip to the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison (suburb of Dallas).
Plane enthusiasts, check out this link to see a list of all the amazing planes we saw!
I am praying for ~
* this bad weather to pass without any catastrophes
* an end to abortion
* our priests
* our country
Around the house ~
A couple of weekends ago, Miss Ester and Mabel took part in another goat tying clinic.
This goat tying clinic 2.0 focused on riding in on your horse, jumping off, capturing the goat, and tying its legs.
(They made a movie out of it to present at the homeschool talent show next month.)
From the kitchen ~
I just posted the recipe to this amazing Key Lime Pie. (Recipe here)
I am listening to ~
David's ham radio and all the storm chasers reporting in. I hear thunder in the distance and the rain right now is intermittent.
Coming down the pike this week ~
Wednesday - Ballet for Miss Clementine
- I teach Confirmation class
Friday - David and Ester take Penny to the vet for horse vaccinations
- The dads of Troops of St. George will be smoking the pulled pork for the family field day
Saturday - Troops of St. George family field day
Last batch of photos to share ~
Someone got a new set of wheels!
Wishing you all a great rest of your week!
~ Patty ~