Thursday, April 28, 2016

Kitchen Make Over - New Stone Bar Wall (DIY)

Two Sundays ago, while perusing through Houzz.com, I saw a bar/island wall that had stone on it.  The rugged look of the limestone really made it unique and very Texas-looking.

I showed my hubs, "Dude, isn't this gorgeous?"  Guess what?  One week later he had 2 out of 3 sides completed!  Check out the photos...

Before ::


During ::



He decided to throw a coat of brown paint on the wall in case there would be any gaps between the stones.

The stones were put on one at a time with a mortar mix.  He did cut and trim a few as he pieced it together.


After ::



Isn't that great?!!

David worked hard on this project, (he said it was easy, but tedious), and it turned out absolutely fabulous.  

The product is called Airstone.

His next plan is to outline the fireplace.  :)

~  Patty  ~

16 comments:

  1. Stop it!
    That is amazing!
    I love it, Patty!
    Go hubby! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I still can't believe he whipped up like that! Go hubby indeed :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness.... that is beautiful. And what a guy :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! I'm really blessed to have such a skilled hubby.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Wonderful to have such a gifted husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Phyllis! He is so incredibly talented.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Wonderful to have such a gifted husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really cool project! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We just love it. He said it doesn't look "new" to him though since he worked on it all last week. ;) He's getting ready for the cabinets next. Remember that job in your house??

      Delete
  6. Love it! You have a terrific husband.
    Love your new banner too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret, for noticing the banner. I realized it had been at least a couple of years perhaps since I changed it. Yikes! David is very blessed in the talent field and I am lucky.

      Delete
  7. Wow - what a difference! It turned out great! Hooray for handy husbands! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a big difference. Totally changes the look. So grateful for my handy husband. I know a lot of people have to spend a lot of money for things like that. I am very fortunate and grateful.

      Delete
  8. Hi Patty! Your husband is so talented at renovations! Didn't he do your bathroom too??
    I love the look of the rugged stone. It brings a little of the outside in, and the colors are just perfect too.
    I hope you had a good weekend, and that the weather behaved itself?
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did do the bathroom! I was thinking the same thing about outside being inside. The texture is nice to look at. That product came in a few color tones, pretty basic tones. We woke to another storm last night! Not nasty, just a normal t storm. I keep thinking about that Eurythmics song, Here Comes the Rain Again. LOL A friend told me that on FB and I can't get it out of my head.

      Delete
  9. I absolutely LOVE this!!! He did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails