Monday, April 25, 2016

Key Lime Pie - II

There's an amazing pie restaurant in our town.  They have scrumptious, homemade pies, except for their Key Lime Pie.  I'm a lover of Key Lime Pie but found theirs so tart that I could barely finish it.

I think my Key Lime pie recipe is much better and decided to make it for Sunday dessert.  Then I started thinking, I wonder how many Key Lime pie recipes are out there??

Sure enough, I ended up finding this new one from Food Network.

I'm calling this Key Lime Pie II since I already have a Key Lime pie recipe on my blog.


Have you ever heard of sour cream and powered sugar together?  I had not and never would have conceived of such a thought.

That cream topping is actually sour cream with powdered sugar, and it was delicious!  It offset the tart taste of the key lime juice perfectly.

Ingredients:

1 no bake graham crust
1 cup key lime or regular lime juice
2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
2 whole large eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tbsp lime zest

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

2.  In a separate bowl, combine the condensed milk, lime juice, and eggs.  Whisk until well blended and place the filling in the pie shell.

3.  Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

4.  Once chilled, combine the sour cream and powdered sugar and spread over the top of the pie using a spatula.  Sprinkle the lime zest as a garnish on top of the sour cream and serve chilled.

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~



5 comments:

  1. I might make this for my sister-in-law, who likes key lime pie but not meringue. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might make this for my sister-in-law, who likes key lime pie but not meringue. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for catching that! I just updated it.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails