Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Our Irish Fix

My dad was 75% Irish and a quarter English.  He had strawberry blond hair and white skin sprinkled with freckles - all over!  He was my mother's lucky Irishman :)

How we miss him!

Here's to our Irish heritage ~


The Holy Trinity art activity above can be found here.


I cannot listen to Arthur Fiedler - Irish Night At The Pops - without thinking of my dad.  It warms my heart right up.



We had a HUGE thunderstorm with lots and lots and lots of hail raining down!

(That is the hail at the bottom of the neighbors' downspouts!)

We made rainbows, but alas, no pot of gold was found.


(I found the idea on Pinterest, here.)



Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.



St. Patrick, pray for us!

~  Patty  ~

9 comments:

  1. My grandma was 100% Irish and fiercely proud of it!! I love all of your pictures and your very special connection with your dad on Saint Patrick's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For myself, gosh, St. Patrick's day and my dad go hand-in-hand. I forgot to add how he always had a twinkle in his eye and mischievous grin on his face :)

      Delete
  2. Love that story about your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great heritage. I love all this! 💚

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really know how to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day! We have absolutely no Irish in us at all, but we still like to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really know how to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day! We have absolutely no Irish in us at all, but we still like to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patty! Those drinks look so festive! My dad is 100% Irish, my mom was 80%. Well, no ones perfect, right? Lol!

    We celebrated St. Patrick's Day with Guinness and soda bread. ( I might be Irish, but I don't appreciate corned beef and cabbage. But bread? Bring it on!!)
    Easter blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tribute to your Dad and such fun ways to remember him and St. Patrick! Looks like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails