It was a very stormy day across North Texas, so we hunkered down and stayed indoors.
Have I ever mentioned that my hubs is a ham radio licensee? Let me tell you, we don't even watch the weather channel or even listen to the weather radio during storms like this. Those amateur storm chasers relaying their info are a wealth of knowledge, and we can hear all the updates instantly...like way before the weather channel is reporting.
I am thankful for ~
* 47 years of life and God-willing, many, many more
* our beautiful, sweet daughter who just turned 15 today
* the thoughtful and intentional love from my kids and husband on my birthday
While David took me out to a local winery, unbeknown to me, the kids were setting up my surprise present.
Check it out!
Each child came up with 20 reasons why they love me. (My heart just swelled!) All the decorations were home made, a week long project I found out, that secretly took place behind a locked door.
And of course I had to love each one up separately!
Except for Miss Clementine who prefers pink, they even wore blue, my favorite color!!
Crazy super sweet and thoughtful!
What we are reading ~
Just in case anyone is interested, I listed children's literature in the St. Patrick's Day and March Weather Bin post here as well as our children's literature in our Easter Book Bin post here.
From the school room ~
Praise the Lord!
I am praying for ~
* our birthday girl
Okay, so, when you own a horse, presents are really for the horse ;)
Ha ha! And when you happen to be a teenage girl who owns a horse, it's your prerogative to have as much horse tack in as many colors as possible.
(Current trend: hot pink lead rope, saddle pad, tack bag, and a gift certificate to help with the purchasing of horse feed ;)
Around the house ~
* Sally took her SAT last Saturday. She had total brain drain afterward but feels good about how she did. She takes the ACT April 4.
* Meeting the mounted police (friends, meet Ranger)
* Celebrating this young lady
She requested Papa Murphy's pizza and coconut cream pie!
From the kitchen ~
A couple of new crock pot recipes ::
Crock Pot Meatball Stroganoff (recipe here).
Crock Pot Chicken and Biscuits (recipe here).
I am listening to ~
* a movie on upstairs, my washing machine in spin mode, and the ham radio in our bedroom
Coming down the pike this Spring Break week ~
* Friends hangin' with friends
* Wash all the upstairs bedroom floors
* Wash the base trim throughout the house
* Clean off and then paint the double wooden rocker on the back patio (I may be aiming a bit high on this one for the week.)
* Ester's birthday
A last photo to share ~
Me encanta pasar tiempo con mi familia!
~ Patty ~