Tuesday, March 8, 2016

March Birthdays - Daybook Post

Outside my window~

It was a very stormy day across North Texas, so we hunkered down and stayed indoors.

Have I ever mentioned that my hubs is a ham radio licensee?  Let me tell you, we don't even watch the weather channel or even listen to the weather radio during storms like this.  Those amateur storm chasers relaying their info are a wealth of knowledge, and we can hear all the updates instantly...like way before the weather channel is reporting.


I am thankful for ~

* 47 years of life and God-willing, many, many more

* our beautiful, sweet daughter who just turned 15 today



* the thoughtful and intentional love from my kids and husband on my birthday

While David took me out to a local winery, unbeknown to me, the kids were setting up my surprise present.

Check it out!


Each child came up with 20 reasons why they love me.  (My heart just swelled!)  All the decorations were home made, a week long project I found out, that secretly took place behind a locked door.

And of course I had to love each one up separately!


Except for Miss Clementine who prefers pink, they even wore blue, my favorite color!!

Crazy super sweet and thoughtful!


What we are reading ~

Just in case anyone is interested,  I listed children's literature in the St. Patrick's Day and March Weather Bin post here  as well as our children's literature in our Easter Book Bin post here.


From the school room ~

S.P.R.I.N.G.   B.R.E.A.K.

Praise the Lord!



I am praying for ~

* our birthday girl


Okay, so, when you own a horse, presents are really for the horse ;)

Ha ha!  And when you happen to be a teenage girl who owns a horse, it's your prerogative to have as much horse tack in as many colors as possible.

(Current trend:  hot pink lead rope, saddle pad, tack bag, and a gift certificate to help with the purchasing of horse feed ;)



Around the house ~

* Sally took her SAT last Saturday.  She had total brain drain afterward but feels good about how she did.  She takes the ACT April 4.

* Meeting the mounted police (friends, meet Ranger)


* Celebrating this young lady

She requested Papa Murphy's pizza and coconut cream pie!




From the kitchen ~

A couple of new crock pot recipes ::

Crock Pot Meatball Stroganoff (recipe here).


Crock Pot Chicken and Biscuits (recipe here).



I am listening to ~

* a movie on upstairs, my washing machine in spin mode, and the ham radio in our bedroom


Coming down the pike this Spring Break week ~

* Friends hangin' with friends

* Wash all the upstairs bedroom floors

* Wash the base trim throughout the house

* Clean off and then paint the double wooden rocker on the back patio (I may be aiming a bit high on this one for the week.)

*  Ester's birthday

A last photo to share ~



Me encanta pasar tiempo con mi familia!

~  Patty  ~


14 comments:

  1. Your family = the BEST. What a birthday! It looks like Ester had a most wonderful birthday as well. Good times at the Hughes household. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah. :) And now there'll be quiet and stillness since the next birthday doesn't come until mid September.

      Delete
  2. What a happy post! Happy birthday to you and your daughter. The special party they created for you melted my heart.
    I hope you are enjoying your spring break. You work hard all year, you deserve a good break.
    Great pictures, too, although I was a little nervous with the standing on the horse one. The Mom in me was calling out, "Be careful!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathleen! The horse photo?? Yes, and mama wasn't around when that was taken. (sigh). The mom in me was, "Where is your helmet, child?!" The weather has be rainy, so a bit disappointing for the kids weather-wise, but it doesn't stop them from hooking up with their friends.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to your daughter and you! It looks like you had a beautiful celebration. I love the blue and white.
    Your daughter standing on the horse makes this mama so nervous. Brave girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthdays all around. So many joy filled smiles. I'm so happy y'all had a great celebration week. And the jar... Oh my, what love!
    The horse picture makes me think of something my kids would do. I bet she is in heaven with at horse!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. :)
      The horse ... yes, I think it is her best friend :)

      Delete
  5. A very Happy Birthday to you both. Your kids did an awesome job with your birthday party. I'm sure you know how blessed you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret! I sure do! My heart could just burst :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Patty! Happiest of birthdays to you and your beautiful daughter! I didn't know she owned a horse, just that she was taking lessons. Wow! Pink tack? That is really fun :)
    That jar with 100 reasons they love you about made me spill a tear...what a precious, precious gift. And you'll have it now for all your life. What fun to read and re-read them. Your family is so special!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ceil! I've been reading some each day and definitely plan on keeping it FOREVER!

      Delete
  7. I just love that photo of the birthday girl on her horse! We are going to have loads of laughs with our crew in June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, even though when I think about what she was doing, my heart starts beating a lot faster. Serious laughing is in store for June! Can hardly wait!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails