Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March 1 - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Wind!  Pretty appropriate for the first day of March. ;)

I am thankful for ~

* the high school youth group who helped pray the Stations of the Cross with my Confirmation class

* the smell of a delicious dinner that will soon fill our bellies

* The Voice  (We watch very little t.v. in our house, but we do enjoy watching The Voice as a family.)

What we are reading ~

I'm still slowly chipping away at ...


I have to admit, I would need to be a cloistered nun, secluded in silence to fully grasp the material in this book.  Possibly, I may have set the bar a tad too high??  Not wanting to give up, I've just skipped over the very deep parts that make my eyeballs glaze over.

I've skipped a lot. Ha ha!

I also purchased these two books recently.

(The Last Snake in Ireland was a used library book since I can't get a copy of the original.)

This is for Stan the man ...



From the school room ~

3rd quarter finals week.  No further explaining needed, right?

We will take two weeks off for spring break!!  (I love that part of homeschooling, setting our own calendar year up.)  If the weather is going to be uncooperative, we will save the second week for another time in the 4th quarter.

I am praying for ~

* all those who have asked us to pray for them

* our country

* an end to abortion

* our priests

Around our house ~

Miss Ester and Mabel took a goat tying 101 clinic last Saturday.  They had so much fun!


They look forward to the next clinic which teaches them jumping from a horse to do this.


Stan the man is growing and he needed a new pair of boots.  Aren't they snazzy?


From the kitchen ~

I recently tried this new recipe, Crock Pot Chicken and Angel Hair Pasta.  Oh so good!


Right now, in my crock pot, I have a delicious smelling meat ball recipe.  I think it is going to be a hit!

I am listening to ~

the neighborhood kids playing Capture the Flag outside.

Coming down the pike this week ~

Mon-Fri - Quarter finals

Wed - Weekday Mass, Ballet for Clementine, Confirmation class

Fri - my birthday

Sat - SAT for Miss Sally **Please keep her and all the others in your prayers**,  Miss Clementine has a birthday party to attend.

A last photo to share ~

March comes in like a lion :)


Have a great start to the month of March!!

~  Patty ~

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that lion is so cute! And seriously, the goat tying, I love it!!! It reminded me a bit of mutton racing that I saw for the first time a few years ago on TV. Seriously, it looked so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mutton racing is so FUNNY to watch in real life.

      Delete
  2. What a cool clinic. It looks challenging.
    My Matthew made the same lion at school.
    Happy birthday to you! I hope you have fun plans to celebrate YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty! A while ago, I had a spiritual director who asked me to read that book by Francis de Sales. It was a bit tough, not gonna lie. But I love the way he calls his readers 'Philothea' or something like that. God-lover. That is so sweet!

    Goat tying is definitely something new to me. I think I'd be afraid to get kicked or something. You have brave and energetic children!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to be book following you without even realizing it! St. Francis DeSales is our saint for the year so I have made it a point to learn more about him. I finished a biography already, but then Introduction to the Devout Life is on my nightstand. I'm going to start after I finished my Mary consecration!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails