Saturday, February 20, 2016

What's for Sunday Dinner?

Any big plans for the weekend?

My kids are hanging out with their friends (some here, some there), and Miss Clementine has a Princesses-themed birthday party to attend.  Other than that, we will be home just hanging out.

I plan on making a Crock Pot Italian Beef dinner with mashed potatoes and steamed green beans.  (Recipe here)

 


For dessert, I'll have one of the girls make up a batch of Butter Bars. (Recipe here)



Last night, we watched the International Space Station fly right over our town.  It's the size of a football field and looks like a big light moving quickly (not a  blinking).  Tonight it is suppose to fly over twice, but there's likely to be some heavy cloud coverage so the visibility of it will be very low if anything.  (You can find the flight info on the NASA website.)

Have a great weekend and a blessed Sunday!

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Your Italian beef sandwiches are a family favorite at the Kraft house. We were just saying that we need to pick up a roast to make into sandwiches!

    My girls made a model of the ISS out of recycled household materials years back for a science/county fair project. How cool that it flew right over your house! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found its more of a northern dish since very few people down here know what I'm talking about if they've never lived (or know some who's lived) in the north, particularly the Midwest. I just love it! I cook it outside since its aroma is very strong...good but strong.

      Delete
  2. Hi Patty! My granddaughter just celebrated her 4th birthday with a Princess party herself. It's a big theme these days! ( I said I'd be a Queen, because I think my Princess days are behind me!)
    I also saw the Space Station pass over us a few years ago. I love that stuff. My uncle was an astronaut who went up in Skylab 2. He's actually my Godfather, so I really lucked out there! His name is Joseph P. Kerwin, and he's still living, God bless him.

    I just fixed pot roast for my dad this week. I used the crock pot too. I don't know why I didn't use it more when the kids were little...
    Hope you had a great weekend!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. He was in Skylab 1. I saw '2' on the internet, but I checked my memorabilia, and it's definitely one. Duh!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails