Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Storage:: Another Cool Space-Saving Gadget

Remember the photo album storage project I worked on?  The one with the really excellent storage cases?

That was actually the latter part of a "patty-tizing moment".  You know, just like in, When You Give a Mouse a Cookie, moment?

Rewinding a bit, the school/game closet upstairs is, kind of, sorta, a mini walk-in closet.

That closet had toys on the top shelves that were never being played with.  Little People  (Fisher Price) toys; airport, railroad station, farm, castle.  They really needed to go to a family that would love 'em up.  Big time.

So I found a home that had four boys.  Score!

"Nope.  No cash for them, just please pick them up ASAP."  (When I make a decision in a that state of mind there's no turning back ;)

And yes, I had to go stealth since Miss Clementine would have paid a ransom for them even though she never played with them.  You know what I'm talking about.

Next up was a bee in my bonnet I've been living with for going on 9 years.

Gift wrapping stuff in my living room closet.  Junk.  Mess. Clutter.  Disarray.  Gift wrap.

I came across this on The Container Store (while looking for photo storage cases).


I've seen these before, but when I saw it online that moment it was like bingo. That's it. Free Your Mind.

I threw out all the hundreds of gift bags (that I just knew I'd use someday, not), rolls of wrap that had just "this much" left on them, damaged and bent up bows, little to nothing rolls of curling ribbon.  Free Your Mind.

Stuff.  (Why do we have so much stuff??)

I kept only what I needed.

This container holds my gift wrap bows, curling ribbon, rolls of gift wrap, tissue paper, small boxes, boxes, and gift bags...all the stuff I need in a neat and orderly, tucked away fashion.

It is now perched on top of a shelf where the Little People hung out, out of the way.


And more of our unused school books/ materials sit on the opposite side, out of the way.


By the way, I'd post a link to The Container Store page, but I don't think they sell this item anymore because I couldn't find it on the website. ??

Between the cleaning out of those two closets and ridding myself of unused "stuff", there's no more cringing when I walk into them.

Very freeing, people.  Very freeing.

~  Patty  ~

8 comments:

  1. ohhhh...so nice! I can totally relate to the dozens of gift bags that you're sure you'll use again. I still have gift bags from our wedding 17+ years ago and from each of the babies. Organization makes me soooo happy! We're in a complete newborn baby mess, but it will come. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've kept bags that long?! Holy moly! Lol

      Delete
  2. I love your reference to If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. I'm always comparing myself to the Moose in If You Give a Moose a Muffin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's another good one, isn't it!

      Delete
  3. Further proof we would so be IRL friends if we lived closer. I would totally be into all the 'patty-tizing'. Love organization and functionality! The wrapping/gift organizer--need one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The organizer even looks nice! I keep wrapping stuff in an under the bed box. Works and let's the shortest people be able to get to it when they need to wrap something. I love those a-ha moments when you find something that works!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails