Our maple tree is full of leaf buds.
I am thankful for ~
* blue skies and warm sunshine
* my husband (I love him so much!)
What we are reading ~
This is SO adorable with the words set to the song, The Itsy Bitsy Spider.
It is the last winter-themed book I added to our book basket this year.
I pulled out our Lent Book / CD/ DVD bin.
There's something for everyone in our family inside the Lent bin! For a look inside, you can click on this link.
From the school room ~
* Stan the man is almost finished studying the Colonial Period in history. I purchased the Liberty Kids series (from PBS) as a supplement. He LOVES it!
* For St. Valentine's day, our homeschool group took valentines and cookies to a local nursing home. The kids and adults visited with the residents for awhile. (Pure sweetness!)
I am praying for ~
* three friends who are trying to sell their houses
* a fruitful Lent
* my children, from head to toe
* my Confirmation students
* all those who have asked me to pray for them
* for the repose of the soul of Justice Scalia (and our country)
Around the house ~
* We had the clash of the Snowmen / St. Valentine's decorations versus Lent.
(The purple chain is Stan and Miss Mabel's sacrifice chain, one link for each day.)
I usually strip my house of most decorations during Lent, trying to bring the Liturgical year into our home. (Have you noticed how bare your Catholic church is right now?) There's really is no right or wrong way.
* This happened.
After a 9 hours class, written exam, and live fire exam, I passed.
These lovely ladies (2 of them are fellow homeschooling moms) joined me for the day, and I'm so glad!
And guess what? I signed up for yet another training course.
Around the kitchen ~
After the nursing home visit, we treated the kids to St. Valentine's dinner out, a real treat in our house!
I am listening to ~
The fart fan (a.k.a. bathroom vent/fan) running. It runs CONSTANTLY! Seriously.
Coming down the pike this week ~
Sunday - St. Valentine's day - nursing home visit - dinner out
Wednesday - eye appointments, ballet for Miss Clementine, Confirmation class
Thursday - Miss Clementine's Baptism birthday
A last photo to share ~
That, there, is no pussy cat. It is a bobcat sitting right outside my friend's backdoor.
Have a fantastic week, folks!!
Happy St. Valentine's Day!!
~ Patty ~