Monday, February 22, 2016

Marching On - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

It's hard to believe that this is the last full week of February!  Our winter has been anything but winter.   We cherish this time of year since our summers temps can be so brutal.

Daffodils are in full bloom.  Tulips are coming up.  Trees are budding.

The ice cream truck comes playing a merry tune each evening (right at dinner time of course.  Ha ha!)


I am thankful for ~

* waking up another day
* my faith
* the sound of mocking birds preparing for mating season
* the smell of spring air

What we are reading ~

I found this.


Adorbs!  Miss Clementine will be making a lion face for art this week ;)

From the school room ~

* Stan the man aced his math, the first time in quite some time.  Perhaps his new eye glasses made the difference?


(He's been in eye glasses for what seems his entire life.  Wondering what biological side he inherited his bad eye site from prompts a great adoption talk.)

* SAT prep



* Religion: Baptism Birthday for Miss Clementine



We gave her a St. Ann with baby Mary peg doll.  This precious set was found on Etsy, here.

I am praying for ~

* the many intentions of others

* for our country

* my Confirmation class


Around the house ~

All the above sums it up :)

From the kitchen ~

Looking forward to trying a new recipe (Grilled Cheese Croutons) to add to our delicious Cream of Tomato Soup!


I am listening to ~

The dishwasher running and the washing machine in its spin cycle.  Thank God for modern appliances!!

Coming down the pike this week ~

* Monday - First Reconciliation for my Confirmation students. (13 of my students are technically RCIC students.)

* Tuesday & Wednesday - Dental check ups for all the kids! (Miss Sally & Ester are old enough to go on their own now.  Woo Hoo!)


* Wednesday - Confirmation class

* Thursday - fingerprinting appointment for my LTC

* Friday - Stations of the Cross and Fish Fry at church

* Saturday - Teen party for the older two


A last photo to share ~


My Autumn Sage is blooming from the warm winter sun.  Crazy.

Here's wishing all a wonderful week ahead!

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. Patty, your home life is so admirable.
    I always get inspiration from you.
    Have a great week, and enjoy your weather. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peg doll... and her little face. Love it! And we are a calico critter loving family too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it is so spring-like at your house! It is still in freezing temps here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I am visiting from Billie Jo and Tara's blog. It was fun reading through some of your past posts. Looking forward to visiting again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish it was spring like here. Our temps are in the 30's. I can't wait to see daffodils blooming. Love the pics of your baptism celebrations. My little one used to have the same pj's. Sadly she no longer is that little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at "the smell of spring in the air". Oh how glorious a smell that is! I can almost smell it from here. Another sweet day by day post that makes me smile and want to be like you when I grow up. Or maybe I'll just come live with you for a week and take really good notes. As always, wish you were closer and we could grab coffee together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails