Thursday, February 11, 2016

Guns 'n Chocolate Covered Berries

Corny title.

I know.

But here's the skinny::

Ash Wednesday came and went.  I wasn't a big baby this year, whining and complaining about starving to death by 9am as I usually do.

I offered it up :)

And then my St. Valentine's present arrived.


My dear hubby did not realize I gave up sweets for lent nor did he realize that they'd be delivered on Ash Wednesday.


And these are expensive sweets.

I put them right into the fridge till after Ash Wednesday.  And yes, I have had a couple today because it was an expensive gift.  I plan on sharing with the kiddos, too.

As for the guns part ::

Saturday, I will be spending the day preparing for this ~


I am nervous and excited, having wanted to do this for a long time now.

My main goal is self-defense.  In addition to that, given the current mindset of our present administration, I thought that this year was extremely important to get the ball rolling.

My class is both on the knowledge aspect of the law and the safety and critical self-defense end with a live fire test at the end.

It is a 9 hour class!!

Let me tell you, I have been studying for the written exam all week and Texas has some of the strictest laws in the country.  The major news media does NOT portray the correct image of the VAST majority of gun owners.

So with that, if you want, say a prayer for me, I'd greatly appreciate!  I'm trying to stay excited for this.

Have a great weekend!

~  Patty  ~



3 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! Yes, they cannot go to waste. I hope you enjoyed every bite. :) Wow, you go girl! I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat those Strawberries on Sunday. Sundays are not part of the 40-day count for Lent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing!! Have fun at your gun class- you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails