As we drove to the Super Bowl Party with the tray of hot bites in the van, we were drooling from the delicious smell.
For people who are on special diets, this is for you. No cheese or breads, just meat and fruit with a tangy sauce baked on.
* 2 lbs. kielbasa, sliced into 1/2" pieces
* 14 oz can sliced pineapple, in juice, quartered
* 3 TBS teriyaki sauce
* 1 TBS sweet chili sauce
* 1 TBS honey
* 1 TBS pineapple juice (from can)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Place a piece of pineapple on top of a slice of kielbasa and stick a toothpick into them.
3. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
4. Place kielbasa bites onto the baking pan and brush glaze over tops and sides of bites. (I found it easier and less messy to just dunk each piece into the bowl of glaze.)
5. Place in the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes (keeping an eye on them.)
6. Remove and enjoy hot!
Prep Time - 5 minutes
Cook Time - 20 minutes
Total Time - 25 minutes
*I doubled the batch and actually got close to 50 bites out of it all.
I found this recipe at www.realhousemoms.com.
~ Patty ~