Thursday, January 28, 2016

Winter Days - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~



This flag hangs outside by the front bushes.  My mom always had cute flags hanging on her porch for the various seasons and holidays.

The weekend weather report is calling for :  71, 71, and 76 degrees F.  Yay!!


I am thankful for ~

* coffee in the morning

* the time I have to spend with my kids at home during the day

* my hard-working husband



What the littles are reading ~


I'm not sure how long we've owned a copy of Owl Moon, but it has always been one of our favorite winter books to read aloud.

Stan and Clementine made baby owls to go along with it for art ;)

I did, however, buy two books this week for Valentine's day (coming up quickly).




Both of them are just adorable :)


From the school room ~

We took a field trip this past Monday to the Dallas World Aquarium.


It was such a fun day.  Everyone kind of split up to go with their friends so it was Sis and I hanging with the sharks.

* Living Liturgy ::
February 3, St. Blaise
February 14, St. Valentine


I am praying for ~

* all those who have asked me to pray for them

* all those who were affected by the big snowstorm

* my Confirmation students

* my children

* an end to abortion




Around the house ~

Stan has been rock painting again.  He received this kit from his Grammy last summer.



Clementine had her big 4 year old birthday party last Sunday.  Ballerinas galore!

We had our own family celebration on her actual birthday, Jan. 26.




From the kitchen ~

Not much new.  I've been too busy to come up with any new recipes.


I am listening to ~

The hum of the dishwasher.


Coming down the pike this next week ~

* Monday - Cardiac appointment for Miss Ester (Miss Ester had open-heart surgery as an infant to correct a defect.)

* Wednesday - Ballet for Clementine, CCD class, celebrate the feast of St. Blaise

* Friday - First Friday Mass


One last photo to share ~

Before Picture ::  Two weeks ago, I began a new project dealing with all of these photo albums.  (It will have its own post.)


Have a great weekend and a blessed Sunday!

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. That weather?!?
    Things look fun down your way, my friend.
    Love both those Valentine books. : )
    Pulling out our things tomorrow. : )
    Have a great weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Owl Moon too.
    Oh wow, we need to plan a trip to come see the aquarium! Looks fantastic.
    I'm looking forward to your photo album post. I have two cabinets loaded full, I'd love inspiration to organize this.
    I love to see kids painting. Stan is so intense in his art. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have your weather. We got 40+ inches of snow last weekend.
    We love owl moon. It was a great story. I think we did an owl hand print craft to go along with it.
    Good luck with your photo albums. I have to get to mine someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't get over that Clementine is already 4!
    Can't wait to see the "after" pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails