Thursday, January 7, 2016

Starting School Back Up 1/16 - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Sunshine.  60 degrees currently, but I just saw that by Saturday we will drop down into the 40's.

I am thankful for ~

* the relaxing and joyful Christmas break we had

* my Catholic faith, especially all the amazing Catholic spiritual books out there to feed my faith

* the choice we made to home school

* my children

What I am reading ~

About 4 years ago when I suffered my last miscarriage, a dear friend sent me the following book.  At the time, I was not in the spiritual state to appreciate it.  In fact, it ended up in a bin of Catholic books I had stored.  Back in November, I was reminded I had it when I read this post.

I quickly found my copy and wanted to share it with you.  Basically, each week you read the bio of a saint, meditate on daily scripture verse, read over traditions of that saint, wisdom from that saint, and look over a saint-inspired activity and family prayer.

Naturally, the first week is about Our Blessed Mother.

I am also attempting to purchase a new book for the younger two "hopefully" each week.  I'm thinking seasonal themes or saintly books.

This is the book I bought this week ::


From the school room ~

* I purchased some fun books and her very first pair of scissors for Miss Clementine.

I've always used Kumon products for the 3,4 & 5 year olds.  And the book, 1 is One, well, I am a big fan of Tasha Tudor!

* Religion / Living Liturgy for January ::

Jan. 14 - St. Felix
Jan. 20 - St. Sebastian

I am praying for ~

* each of my children, from their heads to their feet.  I found this on the Internet and made a copy for myself.  You have probably seen it before.


Around the house ~

Oh my gosh, so I am a big fan of Downton Abbey, and since season 6 premiered last Sunday, I had dinner, dishes, and baths done by 7pm so I could get ready and relax for the big night.

I felt so loved when I found that David had a nice, cozy fire going next to my chair and suggested a glass of wine!


The cookies?  Well, I had to bake something for the Feast of the Epiphany, so Miss Clementine and I decided on sugar cookies in the shape of hats and mittens.

From the kitchen ~

* ironing and starching our good napkins and watching the kids cozy up to another fire, thanks to their dad.  (FYI, good napkins usually make their appearance on holidays only ;)



Isn't this new coffee/ tea cup pretty??   I bought at Home Goods for $4 today.  (It reminds me of my mother's extensive, beautiful, old-fashioned coffee/tea cup collection.)




I am listening to ~

Miss Clementine and Ester carrying on a one-sided conversation...can you guess who is doing all the talking and who is reading her kindle? :)

Coming down the pike this week ~

Sunday - take down Christmas decorations

Tuesday - Moms Night Out :: our group of mothers had the awesome opportunity to ask questions to four young, Catholic adults.  The topic was "How to stay Catholic once you leave the nest".  (All four of these young adults aged 22-25 were home schooled, one is currently in the seminary.)

Wednesday - ballet (for Miss Clementine), Confirmation Class resumes

Thursday - Saturday - David and Miss Mabel are on a youth, deer hunt



Friday - Little Flowers/ Little Women

A last photo to share ~

Miss Clementine was So So So excited to resume ballet.  (With the other kids on a break from their activities, I thought it was a good time to allow Clementine her fun!)

The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel Game... Love it!  Recommend it for you pre-schooler!

Here's wishing you a fabulous week, (what's left of it), and a fantastic weekend!

~  Patty ~  


8 comments:

  1. Love this Patty!
    And if you love Sneaky Squirrel...like we do...get BBQ Blitz!!!!
    Flynn got it for Christmas from my friend Marian...soooo fun!
    Always love visiting you here. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Squirrel Game is popular among SLPs, but I don't have it...I have too many games already! :)
    One of my goals this year is to read books on my faith. I have about 5 in a stack that I need to start on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Clementine's bubbling smile. I was the youngest of my sisters and when it was finally my chance at activities like ballet and piano, it was joyful and surreal. Good job mama!!

    I love your book recommendations. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to read from you and check in. I've been terrifically horrible at blog reading and other connections now for months, but I still like to read and feel like I'm still a part of the family.
    So much to love in this post, but I will definitely need to steal that prayer and print it. I've never seen it! Currently, I need to be praying it. A lot.

    Hugs and much love from MN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this post was packed with so much! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this post was packed with so much! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patty! I might be a wee bit jealous of your weather. It's snowing right now here!
    I had that book around for my kids! Ezra Jack Keats is just the best.
    I love David!! What a great guy to know just exactly what you would like to relax and enjoy your show. My dad is hooked on it! (My husband and I are embarrassed to admit that we've never even seen it once! Well, there's always the library for the DVD...)

    Love that note about the feast days too. My new little grandson's name is Sebastian, so his feast day is coming up. Yay!
    Hope you're having a good weekend. Always great to see you :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also am a Downton Abbey fan and I'd say your new cup is perfect for tea during this week's episode. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails