Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Sprucing Things Up - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Gorgeous weather!

Last weekend was pretty chilly outside, but mother nature has dumped blue skies and gorgeous sunshine on us all week long.

Thursday is suppose to be 66.  I love it!

I am thankful for ~

* this little 3 year old fashionista who had fun dressing up in the hats and scarves after Mass last Sunday


* for left over donut glaze on her face

* for AWESOME prices on shoes (for Mama!) at DSW


Top right : Clarks Alto Madi originally priced at $75.00 .... wait for it ... Patty paid $17.98!

Bottom left : Franko Sarto Lexi originally priced at $89.00 ... wait for it ... Patty scored at $20.98!

Bottom right : Vaneli Jenetta Truffle Suede originally priced at $140.00 .... bam! ... $29.97!

What I am reading ~

 I am LOVING this book!


And the book of the week for Clementine and Stan...


Tomorrow, we celebrate the feast of St. Felix.  This delightful story tells how one of God's smallest creatures saved the life of a man from the evil hands of an emperor.

St. Felix, pray for us!

From the school room ~

Affirmation in homeschooling!

Miss Sally received her scores from the PSAT she took last October (she took it at the local high school.)  These scores are for the brand new SAT that makes its debut in March.  She did very well on it.

That night she registered for the SAT (March 5).


Things are getting exciting.  She wants to be a nurse, working toward a degree in midwifery.

I am praying for ~

* all those who have asked me to pray for them

* an end to abortion

* our priests

* my husband (his company's busy season is upon us now)

* my children, for their continued steadfast growth in their Catholic faith

Around the house ~

Well check-ups and hair cuts this week (and next).


I just love Miss Mabel's honey-colored hair, natural highlights, and silky layers.  Stan the man is pretty handsome I might add ;)

The beta fish are getting a sprucing up as well.  Miss Ester and Mabel created new rock caves for their fish tanks.


Pretend cooking never gets old.   ( Don't you love Melissa & Doug wooden toys?!)


From the kitchen ~

I have a couple of new recipes I need to put up.  Hopefully by this weekend??

I found this note on Miss Ester's back while she was baking in the kitchen...


"I'm in tune out mode."  I guess she didn't want to be bothered ;)

I am listening to ~

Either a loud truck or a loud motorcycle in the distance, miles away.  It's noise is growing more faint.

Coming down the pike this week ~


Monday - well check-ups

Tuesday - hair appointments

Wednesday - ballet (Miss Clementine) and Confirmation class for me

Thursday - horse riding

Saturday - the girls have a 16th birthday party to attend

A last photo to share ~


Total sweetness!

I overheard Miss Clementine talking to her toy bear as she was "feeding" him ;)  I never tire of this adorable age.

Happy hump day!!

~  Patty ~

6 comments:

  1. We are doing well child check ups too!
    I think Steve may take them tomorrow.
    Little Mocha had her female surgery and is feeling not her self...we hold her so she doesn't get after her stitches.
    Anyway, enjoyed this post.
    And your little?
    She would have a blast with Flynn!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun peek into your day.
    Congrats to your daughter on her PSAT! Big step forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty! I gave Melissa and Doug play food to my granddaughter for her birthday in December. It was a big hit!
    I love those booties you got at DSW. And what a price! This is the time to go boot shopping for sure. My snow boots started falling apart at church yesterday. I went up to the ambo to lector, and rubber was peeling off them as I went. (turning red) I need boots!

    Love your daughter's hair color too! You have a range of hair colors at your house, right? And of course, I'm excited about your budding nurse. It's a great career, and a wonderful way to mix science with service. Good for her!!
    Happy Weekend :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty!

    I've missed visiting your blog as I'm always glad when I do! The book your recommend that you are reading looks great and I have heard about it before! I'll have to put it on my wish list. And our Leah, age 2, is really into dress and play kitchen stuff too! Cute and busy age for sure! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To clarify, I'm always glad when I get to visit your blog, not when I don't get to visit it...Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just dropping in a couple days behind again. Looks like a busy week at your home and the weather sounds glorious. The shoes--so cute and what deals!! You created some shoe envy over here. ;) Good for Sally- I think she'd make a wonderful nurse and midwife. I have a fondness for both and truly appreciate all of those kind hearted souls in those professions that have blessed us. Keep on enjoying those kids and the simple days of imagination with Miss Clementine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails