This is good stuff!
Pull-apart cheese bread is a new recipe I tried on Christmas Eve to go with our vegetable beef soup, and my family really liked it.
1 round loaf artisan bread (16 to 20 ounce loaf)
1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheese, like Monterrey Jack, Mozzarella, provolone, cheddar, or a mix
1/4 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Slice the bread horizontally and vertically into 1" cubes. Do not slice all the way through the loaf - leave bottom of the loaf intact with the bread pieces still attached.
3. Place the loaf on a large piece of tinfoil prior to stuffing it. Combine the cheese in a small bowl. Stuff between the vertical slices first, then go back and fill in the spaces between the horizontal cuts - it's a bit easier this way!
4. Melt the butter in the microwave, then pour evenly over the loaf.
5. Wrap the loaf tightly in foil.
6. Bake the loaf for 20 minutes. Uncover the top and bake for another 10 minutes, until the cheese is totally melted and top of the loaf is crisp.
7. Serve immediately.
~ Patty ~