The skies are dark gray, it's raining and there is thunder. I'm praying for all those who are attending the March for Life in D.C. this weekend.
I am thankful for ~
* new home school friends that joined our group recently
* the never-ending smile on Miss Clementine's face while she is in ballet class
* after 20 years of marriage, we have our very first set of matching bedroom lamps!!
Even though this may sound strange to some, I'm so excited to have these.
Not only do they match, but they came in the two different sizes I needed. (Thank you, Target!)
The first bedroom lamp we had was a hand-me-down. Then I found a couple of unmatched lamps that were actually those buffet table lamps (those really tall, skinny ones?) David repaired them a couple of times each. When we painted our bedroom (a year ago!) I knew it was time for new lamps.
What the littles are reading ~
It's such a funny book that can set a little one's imagination on fire :)
From the school ~
* Miss Sally is now registered for the ACT in April (and SAT in March)
* We are finishing up week 21 out of 36
* Miss Ester is working on her research paper for English (Broad topic is on the priesthood of St. Pope John Paul II)
* Miss Mabel is focusing extra time on Confirmation prep (she is in year 1)
* Stan is studying machines, engines and now magnets in science
* Miss Clementine loves art every Friday
I am praying for ~
* participants at the March for Life in D.C., especially with all that snow in the forecast
* an end to abortion
* our priests
* my children and their continued growth in their faith and love for God
* my husband (this is his busy home show season a.k.a. bread and butter season)
Around the house ~
* more well-check ups (4 out of 5 done)
* more hair appointments
* dental appointment
* The two oldest ones went to a murder mystery party last Saturday evening.
(Miss Beatrice Marmson, elementary school teacher in Golden Grove, and Chief Clint Callahan, Chief of Police of the Golden Grove police dept.)
From the kitchen ~
I posted two new recipes recently ::
Pull-Apart Cheese Bread
I am listening to ~
* the rain hitting the chimney
Coming down the pike this week ~
This is happening on Sunday! (She is so stinking excited for her party!) Her actual birthday is January 26. I cannot believe my sweet bundle of JOY is going to be 4!!
One last photo to share ~
A pretty cyclamen for my kitchen table.
Have a great rest of your week, a fabulous Friday, and a blessed Sunday!
~ Patty ~