Sunday, January 31, 2016

February! - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

The sun is shining, and the fresh air is blowing in with a southern breeze.

Oh my goodness, how I love that smell!!


This isn't exactly the tropics, but  ^this^  is one of the reasons why we moved to a more moderate climate ;)

I am thankful for ~

* David and Stan having time for another camping trip

* the "girl" time my daughters and I have when the boys are away

* the priests at our parish


What we are reading ~

* I just ordered this for myself for Lent ::


* To celebrate the feast of St. Blaise on February 3 ::




From the school room ~

* This week is mid term week.  Already.

* Poor Miss Mabel.  She read the wrong book for Seton's  2nd quarter book report requirement.  It is considered an "I" for incomplete until she reads the correct one and writes a new report.  The correct report will be finished this week, and then she has to turn around and begin reading the 3rd quarter book.  (Trust me.  She definitely learned her lesson about double checking Seton's required book list.)

^^character building moments^^

I am praying for ~

* my children

* my husband

* for all those who have asked me to pray for them

* an end to abortion

* priests

Around the house ~

I had some plants in front that were in serious need of a hair cut!  I did not cut them back last January so they were pretty thick this past season.




Grasshoppers love to nibble on these.


Before and after



In a couple of months, they'll be tall and full once more.

From the kitchen ~

Lent preparations!

I am looking for a good Creamy Tomato Basil soup recipe for Lent.  If you have one you really like, please share!  

In the meantime, this Egg Salad recipe has been a favorite of ours for some years.



This Tuna Salad recipe is also very good.  I grew up with it (it's my mama's.)


I am listening to ~

Kids playing outside.  Basketballs.  Skateboards.  Bikes.  Scooters.

Coming down the pike this week ~

* Monday - cardiac appointment for Ester

* Wednesday - Blessing of the throats (St. Blaise feast day), Ballet, CCD

* Friday - First Friday Mass

One last photo to share ~


I found Miss Clementine's "pet" pig tied up.  She said he was at the playground, but the children were afraid of him so she had to tie him up ;)


Have a great week!

~ Patty ~

5 comments:

  1. Though this soup does not have basil, I am sure it would taste wonderful with it. Let me know if you try it. BTW this is my blog:
    http://justasmidgenoflove.blogspot.com/2013/02/intriguing-veggie-lover-delight.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! I just printed it off and will add it to my menu for next week :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Patty! Best of blessings on your doctor appointment tomorrow with Ester.
    When I got married, I had never heard of 'egg and pepper' sandwiches. When my Italian husband told me about them, I thought they were the grossest things on the planet. Until I tried one of course! New fav during Lent!

    My Spiritual Director really liked St. Francis de Sales. I read a book he wrote, it was really encouraging. Hope you like yours!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book I ordered has come up twice in conversation in the past week, so I thought it was a sign ;)

      Thanks for thinking of Ester. Nothing seriously wrong, just needing to check on a very low bp issue.

      Delete
  3. Starting Lenten preparations here too...
    Although we just took the Christmas tree down Friday!!!!!
    Have a great week, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails