Saturday, January 2, 2016

Best Break Ever!

At least it was in a very, very long time.

I can recall Christmases past as a child and Christmas break just seemed to last for-ever and ever.  There were days filled with hot cocoa and sledding, ice skating, sleep overs at friends' houses, and endless yummy treats to eat.

As I type that I cannot help but think of and continue to pray for the 11 people who lost their lives not far from us and the other countless victims from the storms that hit that night, December 26.  Gratefully, my family was unscathed.  

So...

Our finals' week in home school was a rather difficult one this past semester.  Some are like that.

For a study break one afternoon, Miss Ester, Miss Sally, and myself went to see The Letters, (the movie about Mother Teresa.)  It was wonderful to say the least!



My husband and I officially kicked off the first morning of Christmas break with a breakfast date at our favorite cafe in Dallas.


We shared a sticky bun, and then David ordered Breakfast Tostados, and I ordered Eggs Florentine.  Yummy, oh my goodness, to die for!!

Miss Sally took her daddy on a date.  They went to see Creed.


She also had her first "big girl" Christmas party at her place of employment.  (She is growing up!)

As we baked and wrapped, entertained both of our priests for dinner, watched Christmas movies and sang Christmas carols, I made sure each day had purpose and meaning, soaking them all up and keeping them near to my mama's heart.

Christmas Eve was relaxed and so enjoyable.  (Last year was the first year we decided not to do the children's Mass.  Smartest. Move. Ever.)

After hot, delicious cinnamon rolls and fruit, the kids opened their gift exchange presents.  I tried to capture the moment.


Stan gifted his sister, Ester, with a gift card (for horse stuff).  Miss Clementine, unbeknown to her, gifted Miss Mabel with a beta fish tank and fish.


Miss Ester gifted Miss Sally with a new over-the-door mirror.  Miss Sally gifted Miss Clementine with the Calico Critter's dental set. (Clementine LOVES her dentist ;)  Miss Mabel gifted Stan with a new Nerf gun.

All was well with the world :)

After a day of riding Penny, Ester's horse, preparing for dinner, and watching Christmas movies, everyone went to bed so Santa would deliver.

 I enjoyed a Merry Christmas toast with my 3 amigos; coffee, amaretto, and brandy :)

Oh what a silent, holy night!


The kids tell us that they had the best Christmas ever.  So, I am not exactly sure what made this one different from the others, but they were totally delighted with what they received and gave  :)

(Santa still plays a big role in our house for the younger two, so he brings 3 gifts for each child while Mom and Dad give 1 to each.)







Pure Christmas morning joy!

After 10:00 a.m. Christmas Mass, we hurried home to prepare for our dinner guests, a young couple from church who have no family in Texas.  (No one should be alone on Christmas.)  We enjoyed them and they survived us!  Ha ha!



It was a blessed Christmas day that just keeps continuing on!  I have so much Christmas joy to share ( but in another post).

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

~  Patty ~


8 comments:

  1. Love your pictures! Miss Clementine is getting so big! These girlies are breaking my heart with their big girli-ness and growing up. Our secret to many years of peaceful, merry Christmases is Christmas morning Mass instead of a vigil. It's usually so quiet (and so much less crowded)! We love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and yours!! We attend 7:30 am mass on Christmas morning and it is always beautiful. I love all your pictures- and I can tell by the expressions on their faces that your children did really enjoy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pictures - you all look so happy and joy-filled!

    What is the children's Mass? We go to Christmas morning Mass and have always been happy with that.

    Are you back in the regular routine this week, or do you have another week off? Getting back on schedule is the toughest part of any break, I think. Particularly one that is so enjoyable...really hard for it to come to an end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it sounds so lovely! I love how you wrapped the two sets of presents on different paper. What a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it sounds so lovely! I love how you wrapped the two sets of presents on different paper. What a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this so much, Patty. I could feel the love in all of your pictures. What a wonderful gesture having that family over for Christmas....I'm sure it blessed both of your families!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the photos of a big family Christmas!
    Also wanted to let you know that You and your family were placed on my heart for prayer in our Adoration Chapel this week.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Margaret! That means a tremendous amount to me :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails